Mission Style Wine Rack

Gary Zimmel

Good day to all...
Just joined up earlier today so I figured on just jumping right in.
I have built a few of these wine racks and they always seem to be a hit.

wine rack 1.jpgWine rack 2.jpgwine rack3.jpg

All in all a simple build. QSWO with a little stain and a bunch of coats of WOP.
Here are a couple of of the build shots.

Wine rack4.jpg Wine rack5.jpg

Hope everyone is getting some shop time.

Welcome to the family Gary
Nice looking wine rack there. I love quartered white oak. It has so much character to it.
Looking forward to seeing more of your projects in the future!:thumb:

Thanks Rennie,
Not really too much that I do. Stain color is Early American and after a couple of days I do about 6 or 7 coats of wipe on poly over a three day period.
Thanks. I have qswo project I'm working on and was curious. I've found a few recipes for A&C finishes. Most include a dye first, then stain, then top coat. I'm going to run a few test pieces this week.

Looks really nice, love the look of the wood and the style!:thumb:

Being a professional in the wine business, I must stress that these are very short term storage solutions, good wine will not age well in a regular room with lots of temp and humidity fluctuations, and too much UV can really damage a good wine.

NOT a hit on your rack it is wonderful, but the wine on it should be drunk up fairly soon, like within a few months tops. Most people do not know this, just passing along some knowledge about a subject I get paid to know about :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Cheers!

PS....... Nice Rack.... and I don't say that to people named "Gary" often, well actually EVER ;) :rofl:

That's cool! I wish we had room for something like that but the only place it would fit is right by the window above an HVAC vent which probably all adds up to bad news for the wine.

Just beautiful Gary. I have some wine-snob friends (and I mean that in a good way) who would like something like that.

Wow the wine rack looks real cool. Showed it to my wife now i got issues:D

I thought you had some special fuming method to make it brown.

Was that all white oak some looks red on the side in one pic.

Very nice work thanks for sharing Glenn was right to recruit you. Balancing out the spinny work.:)

Very nice work, Gary. I don't drink wine, but I know a few friends who'd put something like that to good use.

And welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. :wave: