Do you folks realize that we have an honest to goodness celebrity in our midst?

Mark Rios

I was looking for an address for Stu and his "L" shop and look what I found. He's world famous. He's even more amazing than we realized:

http://www.cigarjapan.com/cigarpeople/stuartablett.html

(this link deleted because I'm a bonehead and I really need to finish that remedial correspondance reading course)

http://metropolis.co.jp/lifeinjapan/309/lifeinjapaninc.htm

Let's see......Liqueur, cigars, football (soccer) (Stu does NOT play soccer. He MAY however play football), motorcycles, logging, woodworking, welding....................man-o-man.

Oh.....I'm so proud.

Very nice Stu.

:D

Last edited:
Okay, Okay....I made an error and I apologize. I went to the pic of the soccer palyer again and saw that that player was BORN in 1986. I had originally thought that the pic had been taken in 1986. Sorry Stu. :D

I'll delete the second link.

But you're pretty cool nonetheless, even if you weren't a big, bashing power forward. :D :D :D

Okay, Okay....I made an error and I apologize. I went to the pic of the soccer player again and saw that that player was BORN in 1986. I had originally thought that the pic had been taken in 1986. Sorry Stu. :D

I'll delete the second link.

But you're pretty cool nonetheless, even if you weren't a big, bashing power forward. :D :D :D

Ha ha ha ha....... you used Big Bashing power forward when talking about soccer :D

That takes real skill ;)

I graduated HS in 82, so I don't think I was born in 86....:confused:

I'm curious Stu, it says you speak fluent Japanese. could you speak Japanese before going to that country or did you learn the language while you have been there. Does Emiko help you with your accent (which I'd suppose any foreignor would have) And have you taught your daughters your language (English or Canuck eh?)

Nice article, great to know a bit more about you.

HI Steve, I did not speak more than a smattering of Japanese when I came here, but I only planned on being here for six months, so why bother :D

Been here 16 years now, and "Fluent" is not really true, but I get along in my daily life and say talking about wine, cigar, motorbikes or woodworking, I'm fairly good, but if you wanted to talk about say politics, or such, I don't have the vocabulary for that.

Most say my accent is almost nonexistent, on the phone for example, some are surprised to find out I'm not Japanese. My wife helps me with my Japanese, she is always correcting me :thumb: Her English is VERY good, she learned at Uni and she has a license to teach English in HS here.

My kids get by in English, they go to Canada each year for Christmas and sometimes the summer too.

Cheers!