Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Group Build - First Project

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Noren View Post
    Dan your right I am sleeping on it...

It doesn't fit my needs but I am thinking of making one something like Brent's after the New Year..

I appreciate all your work, and was just thinking of this idea that seemed to have slowed down so fast this weekend.

Garry

I wish I needed another cart and had the time right now. The only way I might be able to use another cart is for veneer storage; i.e., built like a map cabinet that I could roll under my tablesaw outfeed area. Maybe I'll address that next year.

The carts I built in Florida are shown below, if you need something like those. The sander cart is still the same. I replaced my planer, so there's now a DeWalt on the cart. I'm still using both of those carts. I really liked the cart I built for the contractor saw I had but sold it with the saw when I got my Jet cabinet saw with extension table.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys build.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

I'm getting ready to build a simple plywood tool cart for collecting many of my frequently used tools on to take them to the work. For anyone looking for a specific style of cart or ideas, the Sketchup warehouse has a nice collection of carts and benches...

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...tart=0&start=0

I may end up also doing a cart similar to this one, but may do only a couple of larger drawers then use some plastic shoe boxes and such for hardware (latches, catches, hinges, etc...)

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...a1&prevstart=0

I'm kind of liking Alan's idea of making all my cabinets/carts the same height as the table saw and other tools to make it where 1) I'm not running into something when I slide it around, 2) be able to use any of the carts/cabinets as extra surface.
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 01-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Good idea Darren. I've got a couple of tools that are in inconvenient spots in my shop that I'd like to build a flip top cart for.

Maybe we could have a build contest and the most practical shop cart gets a prize.
    Any interest guys and gals ??????
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Sounds good. I've got one more flip top on my schedule to make...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Hahahahaahaha...!
    Brent i am not interested in this tread but your avatar has forced me to post here...
    I like this style very much..
    Hope you will never mind my post.
    Last edited by Jhoan Ariel; 01-11-2014 at 05:18 AM.