Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Build - First Project

I already have a shop cart that I built several months ago. If anybody saw the shop cart the Tommy built on "Ask This Old House" about six months ago, I used it as a general pattern and added a middle shelf to it.

To build it, I rough sketched it, then used Cutlist+ to design the cutting layout to make it from one sheet of ĺ" ply, with nearly no waste. No pics right now, but I suppose I could take a few.
    Jim D.
    Adapt...Improvise...Overcome!

It seems to me that the whole premise of "Political Correctness," however well-intentioned it may be, runs the danger of uniform mediocrity becoming the norm.

Well I have had the material for several weeks now, I will probably build along with a shop cart.

Sharon, how about doing a Holiday swap? You thought of it, so run with it. I will send you a PM
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Ok i am in i have loads of baltic birch ply i can use for this and i have the wheels.

I think i am going to adapt mine to a finishing table and use it for the grinder and granite slab .

I like that i dea of the roll holder. Gotta add that to my workbench.

Anyone got plans i have not got shop notes due to my personal avoidance of more magazines. Or do we wing it from the picture.

Are there going to be any rules. Lets remember we aint a HA.
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

Well, it seems like everyone who wants in wants a shop cart?

Guess we need to move on up to step 2 and finding someone to lead this.

Any volunteers to be the project lead?
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

What if we search the interwebs for a free plan? Everyone could base off of that. It would also eliminate the need for a project leader for the first one? As most plans have all the directions and jigs, built in.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    What if we search the interwebs for a free plan? Everyone could base off of that. It would also eliminate the need for a project leader for the first one? As most plans have all the directions and jigs, built in.
    Not a bad idea.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I might make two. One for sharpening and the other for the mitre saw the ambassador convinced me to keep.

Steve did you not make a mitre saw rolling cart with fold down wings? Or have i got the wrong person.
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

Not me Rob. I have the long bench

That was fun I really enjoyed this project.

Whats keeping you guy's???

Actually I don't have a shop right now but wanted to contribute. This is a roll around that I built a few years back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Out in the shop 038.jpg   Out in the shop 43.jpg   Out in the shop 039.jpg   Out in the shop 047A.jpg   Out in the shop 083A.jpg  

A1 myshop 116A.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I like it Bart. Got the plans for it ?
    So mote it be,