Group Build - First Project

i've found an interesting design for a shop cart in my small mountain of magazines (i told the wife :blah: why i never get rid of the interesting ones). i'm going to start it up in sketchup, and when done, i'll post the skp file here for all and sundry. if its acceptable, run with it.

Jim i looked there but since i have used items from the warehouse before i would warn all that none of the warehouse items have been vetted. So you can end up making mistakes or spending a great deal more time fixing errors than you may like.
This was the reason i suggested asking Dave R to give our results the once over before we file em or use em.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

i've read through the plans last night at lunch, and will do so again tonight. i'm going to start on the sketchup version friday night after shop time. i have to work tonight, and the next 2 nights.

I have been a bit sidetracked from this for the past week or so....
I thought our original intention was to build a shop cart but modified to fit our individual needs? Is that still the case? I have my materials pretty much selected already but all from solid stock. Probably will have very little sheet stock involved, and my "sketch up" is between my ears all built :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Go for it Dan get it started and we can each download the plan and then modify the top.

I have this in mind for one of mine

09.05_.25_Card_3_061_.jpg

And a sharpening one for the other but cannot decide on the top.

Hey Chuck and other pros out there what do you think. Any weaknesses you can see in this design. I think this would be a solution to my mitre saw storage and use. Could even roll it outside when needed. Might put big lawnmower type wheels on it.

Hey Dan you done with drawing the above.:rofl::rofl:

Looks from here Rob the wings are not going to be tough enough. it may also have the same problem the Rigid one has MSUV. You can tip it up on end when you put large stock on it.

Last edited:
ok you mugs, here it is, like it or not, here is my contribution. if you go with it, i'll copy the pages to a pdf file, so that you can have all the gory details.

Attachments

• work table a.jpg
    work table a.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 43
  • work table b.jpg
    work table b.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
  • work table c.jpg
    work table c.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 42
well, if you made both of the main parts with a revolving top, you could have a planer on one side, and a sander on the other. use one, and have the other flipped down, and just the opposite with the other, or have both down, and have a big table. but if you must have both at the same time, i would suggest the locking lazy susan feature, and swing up table top (optional of course, haven't drawn up all the options...).

the skp file for this is a little over 50kb over the upload limit. any way to get around this? also, i have to copy the article to a pdf file.