Hi ya'll from Georgia!

Joe Kieve

Hi guys.
Happend to find your site while googling for pen turning info. Am retired from the airline industry (37 yrs), former school teacher, living with my wife of 45 yrs in Newnan, GA, which is a suburb of ATL. Just got me a used Delta midi-lathe and learning how to use it.
Looking forward to learning/sharing from you folks.

Joe

Thanks Bob and Bill.
Bill, you're below the gnat line! I grew up in South GA and this time of year the gnats are horrible. We don't have 'em up here and I sure am glad. Good luck.

Joe

Brent,
I see you're in Reno. Our grandchildren live in Minden, just down the road from you. We fly into RNO a couple of times a year to see them. Man, that's some beautiful country out there! Enjoy going to Sheils when we're there.

Jay,
You asked what I did for the airline. Worked in the carpenter shop. We built office furnishings for Delta's Technical Operations Center in Atlanta and also built shipping boxes for aircraft parts. Parts had to be returned to vendors, so we had to build hardsided, plywood boxes to ship them in. The largest box I remember building was for a Boeing 767 flap, 30 feet long, 33 sheets of 5/8" BC plywood. Yeah, it was heavy.

Thanks for asking.

Joe

Brent,
I see you're in Reno. Our grandchildren live in Minden, just down the road from you. We fly into RNO a couple of times a year to see them. Man, that's some beautiful country out there! Enjoy going to Sheils when we're there.

If you've flown into Reno, you've most likely flown over out house if the planes are coming in over pyramid lake. Middle of nowhere!

A good weekend is going to either Sheels or Cabelas. A great weekend is stopping by both!:thumb: