Watch Your Head, He's Got A Guillotine!

Dan Mooney

I've always had the worst luck in cutting accurate mitered corners, so I thought I'd give this a try.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Guillotine.001.jpg
    Guillotine.001.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Guillotine.002.jpg
    Guillotine.002.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 132
Very very thin shavings! As in thinner than hundredths. Anything bigger and you will be disappointed with the results.

If you have never used one they take a little getting used to.
What I always do is but the piece to be cut up to the face of the blade then move the blade and advance the piece less than a hair forward. Preferrably an icelandic hair and not a mediterranean one.:rofl::rofl:

WARNING: graphic image

Dan, please be careful with that thing. My neighbor had a horrible accident with one:

scroll down - placed to allow folks time to skip this post and not look....

scroll down

Scroll down

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I have one of those, but don't have the extension/attachment. Looks like the Grizz one might fit, though. (Mine's an older "original.")

I use mine fairly often for fitting frames, etc. It got a real workout on that pyramid jewelry box I posted in the 'Fair fair results' thread. That box has 24 mitered corners in it, if I remember correctly.

As you probably already know, fitting miters can be tricky - particularly when fitting four of them into a rectangle where the individual legs have to be exactly the same length. The trimmer makes that job a lot easier because you can trim just a few thousandths at a time to fine tune the lengths.

BTW, a cut of ten thousandths of an inch (0.254mm) is a huge bite to take with one of these. See-thru shavings are the best way to go.:)

Make sure you pick it up my the handle also. I decided to move mine futher back on a shelf and one finger has never bent again.
They have increased in price since I bought mine...looks like time for the bay.