Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for another cart Done

Time for another cart Done

Some may remember awhile back I whipped up a proto type cart for the donut guy. Well he went ahead and ordered a real one. Here is the start of the "Crack Mobile" version 2.0 as I have dubbed it. Donut Crack on wheels.
    The first one was slapped together out of pine shiplap and bike wheels just to see if it was going to be a worth while investment. Well he made enough with "The Crack Mobile" in the first event to pay for the second one. Once this one is done I will get the first one back and tweak it a bit and see if I can sell it to the brownie lady.
    Version 2.0 is made from soft maple and will have oak spoked wheels that have yet to be ordered.
    You can see a pic of the first one here http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ad.php?t=23623
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_cart 2 001.JPG   tn_cart 2 002.JPG  
    Last edited by Chuck Thoits; 10-02-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

some how i missed the first one but i like this one chuck you sure do get some strange jobs at times..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Cool idea Chuck i also missed the first one. I like the idea of using forks from a bike. That should be easy to get around here the way bikes get put out in such good condition.

What you thinking of finishing it in? I am thinking outdoor waterproof ??? Or no need.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Cool idea Chuck i also missed the first one. I like the idea of using forks from a bike. That should be easy to get around here the way bikes get put out in such good condition.

What you thinking of finishing it in? I am thinking outdoor waterproof ??? Or no need.
    The bike forks are a cool idea. (The 2 kids that fell of them bikes didn't think so) But the method that I used to install them was to say the least not so good. It did the job but what happens when you load up the cart is the forks flex and let the tires rub. Prolly wouldn't have happened that way if I had installed them so the load was straight down on the fork tube. that's one of the fixes for the brownie lady.

As for the finish that is all up to the donut girls. It will have a base color of like a teal and be all lettered up.
    Stupid hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    some how i missed the first one but i like this one chuck you sure do get some strange jobs at times..
    That's because I know some very unique people.
    Stupid hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits View Post
    That's because I know some very unique people.
    You're also one of them.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I will second that remark Vaughn. Come to think of it there are many people like that here. Thats what makes this place special.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    cheers

I don't remember the first one either. Didn't go back to see if I had commented on it though! When I saw this one on the bench, I thought it was upside down. Would it make it to heavy to put the deep side behind the wheels? Sure would help with visibility and not being top heavy.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    I don't remember the first one either. Didn't go back to see if I had commented on it though! When I saw this one on the bench, I thought it was upside down. Would it make it to heavy to put the deep side behind the wheels? Sure would help with visibility and not being top heavy.
    It's right side up on the bench Johnathan That deep side as you call it is where the coffee goes. If I recall right each pot is 7 gallons so that's 21 gallons of coffee or about 150 lbs. The wheels go right under that. To far back and when he fills it up with coffee it would do a nose dive
    Stupid hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    You're also one of them.
    Hey I resemble that remark
    Stupid hurts.