Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday 9/9 Edition

Friday 9/9 Edition

We made it to another Friday.

So what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, some shop time and some farm time. Been bottle feeding an twin calf that mamma abandoned, so that takes some extra time. If she makes it, she will be placed into the group here at the house.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Split firewood between the predicted rain. The little farm I have been telling Rob about, estate auction Sat. morning. Thinking of going over for a look see then get back home.
    Oh, want to set a couple of deerstands, get my turnips planted out back and sight in a 357 lever action rifle I bought a while back for deer hunting. Otherwise, if it rains, might spend some time on the lathe, need to get a prototype of the three tiered candy dish made for my advanced students.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Every year a hunting buddy has a cap on party. Puts his cap on his monster hunting Pick Up. So this you will be my 1st attendance Saturday. With all the rain we are getting the bike is parked. But I am hoping to attend the 10 year anniversary of 911 at the Pentagon with the Patriot Riders Sunday. Plus work on the Wolf.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

I have a local festival to feed beer to all weekend, that will eat up any extra time I have and will entail most of Sunday as well. All this month I have to work Sundays! Oh well, better to be busy and paying the bills....

I hope to get the chair tower done, it is about finished, just a bit of touch up painting needed.

I hope to get some time to retape the bars on my delivery bicycle the tape I have now is starting to fall apart, too much use I guess
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I'm working tomorrow, then will be driving 3 hrs or so home afterward, pretty well shoots tomorrow as a shop day... Sunday after church I'll be starting a larger scroll work project. I picked up some birch ply and some luan last weekend, just to have something to practice on again. I also hope to get my son scrolling.

I'd love to be putting up the walls on the new shop, but I still have to get to the town offices and get my permit etc.
    -Ned

Heading south to Columbia, MO to see some good friends and go to http://www.rootsnbluesnbbq.com/ Should be a great time...if the predicted rain doesn't show up.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Spending the weekend with my wifey at a 1912 arts & craft bungalow B&B for our 35th anniversary

Been BBQing all week at work (rough huh?), 180 lbs of brisket, 150 lbs of pork, lots of beans for the company picnic tomorrow. We sliced the brisket yesterday and will pull the pork today. Have a wedding to attend tomorrow also. Sunday I hope to rest, but may go get some lumber to start finishing walls in the shop.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Saturday I'm spending the whole day reorganizing the shop. Building a few mobil tool carts and a storage area for all the fasteners and such.

Sunday we are having a yard sale. Some of the kids are bringing over some of their stuff to sell. I's amazing how much stuff you accumulate after 40 years
    I have a few woodworking tools that I'm getting rid of. A 41/2" jointer and motor, some old hand tools and a Delta bench top drill press. I have a ton of mechanics tools as well. Don't need them anymore since I had to sell my old car

Anyone in the area come on over. I'll give you a tour of the shop, pick your brain, and give you a heck of a deal on some unneeded tools

After the sale I'm sure that the kids will want a cookout. So the yard will be full of kids and dogs. In my view life don't get better any than that
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Been BBQing all week at work (rough huh?), 180 lbs of brisket, 150 lbs of pork, lots of beans for the company picnic tomorrow. We sliced the brisket yesterday and will pull the pork today. Have a wedding to attend tomorrow also. Sunday I hope to rest, but may go get some lumber to start finishing walls in the shop.
    Man you're workplace knows how to celebrate summer with all those BBQ's...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash