Friday 9/9 Edition

We made it to another Friday.

So what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, some shop time and some farm time. Been bottle feeding an twin calf that mamma abandoned, so that takes some extra time. If she makes it, she will be placed into the group here at the house.

Split firewood between the predicted rain. The little farm I have been telling Rob about, estate auction Sat. morning. Thinking of going over for a look see then get back home.
Oh, want to set a couple of deerstands, get my turnips planted out back and sight in a 357 lever action rifle I bought a while back for deer hunting. Otherwise, if it rains, might spend some time on the lathe, need to get a prototype of the three tiered candy dish made for my advanced students.

Every year a hunting buddy has a cap on party. Puts his cap on his monster hunting Pick Up. So this you will be my 1st attendance Saturday. With all the rain we are getting the bike is parked. But I am hoping to attend the 10 year anniversary of 911 at the Pentagon with the Patriot Riders Sunday. Plus work on the Wolf.

I have a local festival to feed beer to all weekend, that will eat up any extra time I have and will entail most of Sunday as well. All this month I have to work Sundays! :( Oh well, better to be busy and paying the bills.... :rolleyes:

I hope to get the chair tower done, it is about finished, just a bit of touch up painting needed.

I hope to get some time to retape the bars on my delivery bicycle the tape I have now is starting to fall apart, too much use I guess :rolleyes:

I'm working tomorrow, then will be driving 3 hrs or so home afterward, pretty well shoots tomorrow as a shop day... Sunday after church I'll be starting a larger scroll work project. I picked up some birch ply and some luan last weekend, just to have something to practice on again. I also hope to get my son scrolling.

I'd love to be putting up the walls on the new shop, but I still have to get to the town offices and get my permit etc.

Been BBQing all week at work (rough huh?), 180 lbs of brisket, 150 lbs of pork, lots of beans for the company picnic tomorrow. We sliced the brisket yesterday and will pull the pork today. Have a wedding to attend tomorrow also. Sunday I hope to rest, but may go get some lumber to start finishing walls in the shop.

Saturday I'm spending the whole day reorganizing the shop. Building a few mobil tool carts and a storage area for all the fasteners and such.

Sunday we are having a yard sale. Some of the kids are bringing over some of their stuff to sell. I's amazing how much stuff you accumulate after 40 years :eek::eek:
I have a few woodworking tools that I'm getting rid of. A 41/2" jointer and motor, some old hand tools and a Delta bench top drill press. I have a ton of mechanics tools as well. Don't need them anymore since I had to sell my old car:(

Anyone in the area come on over. I'll give you a tour of the shop, pick your brain, and give you a heck of a deal on some unneeded tools :rofl::rofl:

After the sale I'm sure that the kids will want a cookout. So the yard will be full of kids and dogs. In my view life don't get better any than that :D

Been BBQing all week at work (rough huh?), 180 lbs of brisket, 150 lbs of pork, lots of beans for the company picnic tomorrow. We sliced the brisket yesterday and will pull the pork today. Have a wedding to attend tomorrow also. Sunday I hope to rest, but may go get some lumber to start finishing walls in the shop.

Man you're workplace knows how to celebrate summer with all those BBQ's...

Will be firing up the computer controlled weber to do a pork butt this weekend.

Hoping to get the roof up on my shed this weekend.

Thats about it.

Couple of small things for customers, hopefully finalize the design for a small shelf a client has asked me to build. Hopefully get some time in to turn a handle for my new round cutter I ordered from Capn Eddie. Just got the notice its at the po waiting for pick up! And come up with a design for the group build shop cart

I'll probably start the day off out in the shop for a little while then it's off to my granddaughters first soccer game around noon. Should be a lot fun watching a bunch of preschoolers on the field for the first time. Later in the afternoon we'll be heading to Granville to catch some of the Hot Licks Blues festival. http://www.freewebs.com/hotlicks/ Then at 8:00 my son has an acoustic gig in a little pub called Snapshots, also in Granville, so we'll head over there to finish up the day. Sunday I plan to park myself on the couch and watch the Browns - Bengals game. Been a Bengals fan since their first ever season and I still hang in there hoping year after year.

Friday: Watching NASCAR Cup practice while my lunch settles, then will head to the shop to buff out some cherry drawer fronts this afternoon.

Saturday: Spend time with LOML to help her relax from her work week. Take her to Ruby Tuesday for a late lunch, then settle in for the Cup race.

Sunday: Hopefully, sleep in for a while, then I'll prepare brunch for us. Later, I'll throw ribeyes on the grill and serve them with baked potatoes, sugar snap peas, mushrooms and tossed salad. :thumb:

In the process of converting LOML's study into an art studio so she can paint and do her crafts... just finished putting and painting the cabinets... waiting for a friend to come over Sunday to help put the counter top in...

Tomorrow doing another Farmer's market, so need to get up pretty soon and go load the truck... should be out in the shop finishing up some turnings for the show, but don't think they would be ready for tomorrow anyway, so.... playing on the internet for now.

Doing pretty much nothing all weekend. I've been dogged by a sore shoulder and neck for the past couple of weeks, and it has gotten so bad I've only been able to work one day this week. (And it was sheer agony.) Wednesday I finally went to the doc and found out the cause...I've got a couple of disks in my neck that have degenerated pretty badly, and somewhere in the midst of it all there's a nerve that's getting pinched. He did prescribe some strong pain meds, but I'm taking them as little as possible. Drugs are not the long-term solution I need. I did get a follow-up MRI, and will be seeing the doctor again on Monday to see what the next step in the treatment will be. In the meantime, it hurts - a lot - to do pretty much anything, so I'll be doing nothing as much as possible.

Well my sons and i mixed and lay down 600kg of concrete yesterday that was after moving one ton of stone.

Today we have 300Kg on the menu when we get going, and deck staining.

Tommorrow is paving start day with more stones.

Over did it yesterday and ended up in bed at 8pm with no supper.

Doing a concrete step today. Oldest son prooved he has some color yesterday and i gave him full credit for it.

My gray hair forgot about needing rebar to tie the step into the old concrete. He did not. Kudos to him. Rebar and surface prep all in place.

Will get some pics.