Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allen's Sound Meter Test Thread

Allen's Sound Meter Test Thread

I messed up. Royally.

Allen Levine had started a new thread describing his results from running his decibel meter in and around his shop. In the discussion that followed, it was suggested that Jim Bradley's post in another thread be copied over to Allen's new thread. "Easy job", says I. "I'm an Admin."

I copied Jim's post over to Allen's new thread, but since Jim's post was written a few days before Allen's thread was created, it showed up at the top of the thread, before Allen's initial post. Well, that didn't make much sense, so I figured I'd simply delete the copy of Jim's post and everything would be back the way it started.

Bad idea.

As it turned out, since Jim's old post was now the first post in Allen's thread, when I deleted it not only did Jim's post disappear, but so did all of Allen's thread and all the posts that followed his. And being the computer genius that I am, I "hard" deleted it, so as far as I know, there's no way to recover the lost thread.

I am a doofus, nimrod, idiot, wingnut, goofball, numbskull, blockhead, bonehead, cretin, dimwit, dork, dumbbell, dunce, fool, ignoramus, imbecile, jerk, kook, moron, muttonhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, out to lunch, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, tomfool, twit, and overall worthless piece of junk. Even my dog doesn't like me anymore.

And, I'm very sorry for the mistake.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I'm sure your dog still thinks you're OK.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

We forgive you...this one time

Let's just blame it on the meds...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I'm sure your dog still thinks you're OK.
    Nah, I think both of them are pointing and snickering at me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Let's just blame it on the meds...
    More truth to that than you might realize. Actually, I'm staying away from the pills as much as I can stand, but between the pain and the meds, I've been pretty loopy. I honestly haven't hurt this much since I broke my back. (Still think I'd have made the same mistake under better circumstances, though. Who would have figured nuking a copied post would wipe out the whole thread? )

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I messed up. Royally.

I am a doofus, nimrod, idiot, wingnut, goofball, numbskull, blockhead, bonehead, cretin, dimwit, dork, dumbbell, dunce, fool, ignoramus, imbecile, jerk, kook, moron, muttonhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, out to lunch, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, tomfool, twit, and overall worthless piece of junk. Even my dog doesn't like me anymore.

And, I'm very sorry for the mistake.
    Ya did good there Vaughn. You have a good vocabulary. A little more practice and you won't need any four letter words to say nasty things.

Does this mean that you wish to have me rewrite the bit about sound dispersion, etc.? If so, where do you want me to put it?

Enjoy,
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim C Bradley; 09-11-2011 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Add last question.
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Jim, you won't need to re-write it. Your original version is still where you first put it. See Post #14 in this thread:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ad.php?t=25029

We can even copy it to another thread, but next time I'll just copy the text, not the actual post itself.

workingwoods.com

Thanks Vaughn,

Enjoy,
    Jim
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I am a doofus, nimrod, idiot, wingnut, goofball, numbskull, blockhead, bonehead, cretin, dimwit, dork, dumbbell, dunce, fool, ignoramus, imbecile, jerk, kook, moron, muttonhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, out to lunch, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, tomfool, twit, and overall worthless piece of junk.
    I like how the vocabulary list started out kinda random, and then as you found your rythm it turned alphabetical, up until the sudden leap off the cliff. Nice touch!

Any chance that you copied/pasted the alphabetical portion from an online dictionary or thesaurus?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Burton View Post
    ...Any chance that you copied/pasted the alphabetical portion from an online dictionary or thesaurus?
    Very observant there, Mr. Burton. I was kinda surprised that the thesaurus listing contained none of the ones that I was initially able to think of.

workingwoods.com