Allen's Sound Meter Test Thread

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I messed up. Royally. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Allen Levine had started a new thread describing his results from running his decibel meter in and around his shop. In the discussion that followed, it was suggested that Jim Bradley's post in another thread be copied over to Allen's new thread. "Easy job", says I. "I'm an Admin."

I copied Jim's post over to Allen's new thread, but since Jim's post was written a few days before Allen's thread was created, it showed up at the top of the thread, before Allen's initial post. Well, that didn't make much sense, so I figured I'd simply delete the copy of Jim's post and everything would be back the way it started.

Bad idea. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

As it turned out, since Jim's old post was now the first post in Allen's thread, when I deleted it not only did Jim's post disappear, but so did all of Allen's thread and all the posts that followed his. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: And being the computer genius that I am, I "hard" deleted it, so as far as I know, there's no way to recover the lost thread.

I am a doofus, nimrod, idiot, wingnut, goofball, numbskull, blockhead, bonehead, cretin, dimwit, dork, dumbbell, dunce, fool, ignoramus, imbecile, jerk, kook, moron, muttonhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, out to lunch, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, tomfool, twit, and overall worthless piece of junk. Even my dog doesn't like me anymore.

And, I'm very sorry for the mistake. :eek:

I'm sure your dog still thinks you're OK.

Nah, I think both of them are pointing and snickering at me, too.

Let's just blame it on the meds... :eek:

More truth to that than you might realize. :rolleyes: Actually, I'm staying away from the pills as much as I can stand, but between the pain and the meds, I've been pretty loopy. I honestly haven't hurt this much since I broke my back. (Still think I'd have made the same mistake under better circumstances, though. Who would have figured nuking a copied post would wipe out the whole thread? :doh: )

I messed up. Royally. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I am a doofus, nimrod, idiot, wingnut, goofball, numbskull, blockhead, bonehead, cretin, dimwit, dork, dumbbell, dunce, fool, ignoramus, imbecile, jerk, kook, moron, muttonhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, out to lunch, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, tomfool, twit, and overall worthless piece of junk. Even my dog doesn't like me anymore.

And, I'm very sorry for the mistake. :eek:

Ya did good there Vaughn. You have a good vocabulary. A little more practice and you won't need any four letter words to say nasty things.

Does this mean that you wish to have me rewrite the bit about sound dispersion, etc.? If so, where do you want me to put it?

Enjoy,
Jim

Last edited:
I am a doofus, nimrod, idiot, wingnut, goofball, numbskull, blockhead, bonehead, cretin, dimwit, dork, dumbbell, dunce, fool, ignoramus, imbecile, jerk, kook, moron, muttonhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, out to lunch, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, tomfool, twit, and overall worthless piece of junk.

I like how the vocabulary list started out kinda random, and then as you found your rythm it turned alphabetical, up until the sudden leap off the cliff. Nice touch! :thumb:

Any chance that you copied/pasted the alphabetical portion from an online dictionary or thesaurus? :wave:

Vaughn give yourself a huge break,
first you aint at your best yet still looking out for is.
then i think the admin error rate here is practically non existent thats some achievement overall. Wish i could claim to have the same error rate, my wife for one would be happy. :);)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I am a doofus, nimrod, idiot, wingnut, goofball, numbskull, blockhead, bonehead, cretin, dimwit, dork, dumbbell, dunce, fool, ignoramus, imbecile, jerk, kook, moron, muttonhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, out to lunch, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, tomfool, twit, and overall worthless piece of junk.
Sorry Vaughn, verbal abuse is a misdemeanor. You are obligated to call 911 and have yourself arrested and sentenced to sensitivity training and hours and hours of community service.....oh wait, you are already a mod. Never mind:D:D:D:D

More truth to that than you might realize. :rolleyes: Actually, I'm staying away from the pills as much as I can stand, but between the pain and the meds, I've been pretty loopy. I honestly haven't hurt this much since I broke my back. (Still think I'd have made the same mistake under better circumstances, though. Who would have figured nuking a copied post would wipe out the whole thread? :doh: )

Well, here's hoping you heal up quick... Sure does not sound like very much fun for you right now..

Ill repost my numbers in the same thread I started originally.

:huh::dunno: main moderator deletes your thread, is there a hidden message in that?;)

Yeah, the message is that the blond guy's an idiot. :p

Sorry about my flub, and thanks for reposting your findings. When I get a chance, I'll try to get some readings from my shop.