some photos from today

Ned Bulken

My Nikon was 'down' for a few days... but found the battery charger, so I got some pics done... Just a few impressions of my Grandfather's sense of humor and what was/is important to him.

95d397e5.jpg

2af56aa5.jpg

30d661c8.jpg

Those were his United Seaman's Service insignia, which was where he spent WWII, making sure the materials got overseas to support the allies.

A tray which my grandmother decoupaged for him, he was a Herpitologist.
4d81f79d.jpg

and a newspaper clipping which I'm going to turn into a scroll saw piece:
af88920c.jpg

oh, and one more... a 'catch and release' wall mount:
8c8ea5ca.jpg

Last edited:
The photo of the wall lamp really draws me. There is a lot of emotion there. It is amazing what a good photographer can do with an ordinary object.

Does this lamp have a special significance or did it just appeal to you as a photographer?

I assume you took a picture of the fish for the (fishname).

Enjoy,

Jim

I like the fish. Cut outs for pictures, it could be another cool scrollsaw project. The paneling, same as what my grandparent's had in their home. :thumb:
that's just about the only panelling in the entire house. I'm thinking of scrolling that fish actually... but I don't want to 'ruin' it as it sits. so, thinking of taking it to fedex office for a copy so I can then scroll the copy out of a piece of plywood.

The photo of the wall lamp really draws me. There is a lot of emotion there. It is amazing what a good photographer can do with an ordinary object.

Does this lamp have a special significance or did it just appeal to you as a photographer?

I assume you took a picture of the fish for the (fishname).

Enjoy,

Jim

Jim, the light was simply something that caught my eye. I've had that plus a twin on in the room and liked the glow... so I shot it. No other significance.

Vaughn, me too!

Rich, glad you liked them!