Sucked into the vortex!

Joe Kieve

Just got my craigslist find, Delta 46-250 a few weeks ago and have turned a few pens. WOW, I'm hooked...another one sucked into the vortex.
I now catch myself eyeing brushpiles on the side of the road and in neighbor's yards for pen turning blanks. Never did that before. I pulled a branch out of a brushpile in my yard and rough turned it, rough sanded it....it's beautiful wood. "Who'd a thunk it". God does do amazing things!

Joe

You gotta watch your driving after you start turning... every piece of wood gets at least a once over as I drive by... the wife says I tend to drive in the same direction as my eyes are looking, so I might look like a drunk going down the road when there's lots of wood about.:D:D

hook-line-and-sinker-final1.jpg

Welcome to the Abyss, Joe. :wave: :D

Just think. I will be able to tell people that I knew you, way back when you had some money.

Welcome to the vortex. Or as Vaughn would say, "Welcome to the dark side."

Welcome aboard. You will see the world differently now. You will see the fine textures that make small wooden objects beautiful.

Enjoy,
Jim

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Im just a bit ahead of you... Im broke already and I havent even started buying anything yet!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I am doing the same thing. After Irene blew through here I have been eyeballing every pile of branches and logs along the side of the road....:rofl::rofl: