Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: I may not be right...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    13,437

    I may not be right...

    in the head. I like these kind of tests...

    http://www.ubatc.edu/course-d/intro-..._line_prob.pdf

    Took me 3 minutes to solve all. Anyone else want to give it a try?
    Darren

    To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Amherst, New Hampshire
    Posts
    10,600
    I've always liked those as well.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Delton, Michigan
    Posts
    17,470
    those of us that have had some drafting in school of some sort are more aware of what isnt there than those who dont draw..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    3,798
    Maybe I'm just as dumb as dirt but, is the line from 'Directions', "Find the missing lines", referring to the P.O.V.{Point of View}?
    As in...find the "front' view of this example?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POV.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	59797
    Or should I just refer back to my opening thought

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    Posts
    4,351
    I took one look at those and immediately went cross-eyed...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    13,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cook View Post
    Maybe I'm just as dumb as dirt but, is the line from 'Directions', "Find the missing lines", referring to the P.O.V.{Point of View}?
    As in...find the "front' view of this example?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POV.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	59797
    Or should I just refer back to my opening thought
    There should be a horizontal hidden line about half way up on the 'Back' drawing. They tried to get you to draw a solid line instead of a hidden line. They were trying to trick you on that one.
    Darren

    To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    3,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    ...They were trying to trick you on that one.
    Add to that... confusing myself with the questioning =
    Thanks Darren!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Outside the beltway
    Posts
    5,250
    it's just to late in the day and to many hours in the spray booth for my brain to work on these LOL
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Emporia, KS
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    There should be a horizontal hidden line about half way up on the 'Back' drawing. They tried to get you to draw a solid line instead of a hidden line. They were trying to trick you on that one.
    Technically, a back view can't be solved in this problem because the projections from the top and side indicate a front view, not the back.

    Ike

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    3,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Eikenberry View Post
    Technically, a back view can't be solved in this problem because the projections from the top and side indicate a front view, not the back.

    Ike
    My fault...I was jumping to conclusions trying to understand what they were requesting. I thought that was a 'back' view and they wanted a 'front' view

    Assuming{} the back was flat as I envisioned, would this be considered correct.. With the back view showing a 'hidden/dashed' line & the front a solid line?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backfront.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	59829

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •