General Finishes Woodturners Finish

I just ordered some of this finish from Woodcraft. It is General Finishes Woodturners Finish. I got the 8 oz bottle to give it a go. I e-mailed the company and she told me it was absolutely Food-safe, durable, acid resistant, alcohol resistant, water resistant and chemical resistant as well quick drying, easy to apply and VOC compliant are all desirable attributes. They said it is a non-toxic water/oil urethane hybrid for use on wood turnings, salad bowls, bowls, platters, plates, etc. She also said with the quick drying you could put 6 coats on in about a half hour and it buffs really nicely. I also asked about durability and she said it is pretty much the same formula that is used on floors but non-toxic. She said yes it was tough. So I am going to turn a couple of plates for the LOML and I to eat on to see how it holds up. If nothing else I think that would be a great finish for ornaments, mini-birdhouses, etc.

I have not used this finish--don't do the spinny stuff. But I used General Finishes products, seems like Seal-a-Cell, some 50+ years ago in shop class. It was good stuff. The one little book rack that I still have looks pretty good.

I use General Finishes all the time. I haven't tried this particular product but I did apply EnduroVar with a rag to some island legs I turned and it went on beautifully. As soon as it started to become tacky I just added a bit more and then wiped it down.
I don't know if the EnduroVar is non toxic when dry but this wasnt going to be in contact with food.

I would love to hear how this product works as I really like the quality of GF and would like to stay within their product line for most if not all of my finishing needs.