How do you Pros do it

Rob Keeble

I have been doing some construction work around the house past few days. Paving, moving tons of stone, concrete work.

How do pros past 50 manage this kind of work day after day?

Live on meds?

Now wonder there are bobcats etc.

Oy Vey i am sore today and still have some to go.:eek:

I haven't hit the big five oh yet, but I will tell you this, Motrin has been my best friend for the past several years. I have a friend who is in his fifties and still building rock walls, stone walkways, driveways etc. I have seen him on jobs or after work walking like someone shoved a steel rod up his spine. If he isnt on the motrin he is on flexerol and when he is on that he is down for the count.
That work just beats you down....

Only Sally's need meds to go to work :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Rob it comes from doing it day in day out. The hurt will go away after a spell.:thumb::thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

its like when you go to florida and see 95 y/o's out in the heat playing tennis.
When you do something every single day, youre body gets used to it.
Ofcourse, thats why theres also alot of guys out on disability.

The breakfast of champions:
396_1583_ucp.jpg

masterlogo.jpg

movingplane1.gif

hey mike M ,,have you seen bruce jenner latly? he doesnt look the same at all..age and hard work does wear on the soul and body of those who actually have done it...

hey mike M ,,have you seen bruce jenner latly? he doesnt look the same at all..age and hard work does wear on the soul and body of those who actually have done it...

He doesn't look the same because he had extensive plastic surgery. Face lift, etc. Personally I think it would be cheaper to get your body lowered.

To answer Rob's query, I guess I've been lucky to have been in good physical condition since high school. Qualifying for Special Forces and the training was very difficult. Had I not been in shape I never would have made it. 85-90% don't qualify. Granted much of it is mentally demanding, which in part affects physical ability, but still, being in shape matters.

I will say that doing this kind of work 6 sometimes 7 days a week plays havoc on your body. When I started there wasn't much available for dust or toxic protection other than shop vacs to a tool, and respirators (if even worn). So, over the years, my exposure could have been better controlled.

As a result of my irresponsible attention to self protection, I have breathing problems, nerve damage and tendonitis in both hands, and some hearing loss. I've had surgery to both hands for CTS, but unfortunately it was about 10 years too late.

So, I don't ponder over any limitations. I've had to adjust my lifestyle, but still keep a young frame of mind. As for the physical aspect, I'll go on until I drop. Besides...there might be a cabinet shop in Heaven.

masterlogo.jpg

movingplane1.gif