Ok Stu, heres my shop

Lady in the Avatar is SWMBO :D

Hi Bryan, sorry for asking but I can't make out the sense of the abreviation, english is not my mother tongue and I'm not used to all those acronims that you all use. My guess is: S= Susan? W= Wife? M= Most, B= Beloved, O= One??:huh:

Besides this, I like your shop very much, I wish I had half of the machines that are there. Is it a hobbyist shop or are you a pro?

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Thanks Vaughn!

I didn't make any target, I hope I'm a better woodworker than a guesser.

I have to start writing down and memorize all these things, otherwise I might get into trouble someday.:D

Just remembered, She was Ayesha, great novel Ryder Hadgard ( if I remember well), I read it when I was 14 or so, later I saw Ursula Andress' movie.

Last edited:
Thanks Vaughn!

I have to start writing down and memorize all these things, otherwise I might get into trouble someday.:D

Just remembered, She was Ayesha, great novel Ryder Hadgard ( if I remember well), I read it when I was 14 or so, later I saw Ursula Andress' movie.
Now I've learned something. I never knew the term had a literary origin. :thumb:

Besides this, I like your shop very much, I wish I had half of the machines that are there. Is it a hobbyist shop or are you a pro?

Thanks for sharing the pics!
Hobbyist but I do make items for others to help finance my lust :eek: for tools! :D
I guess you could say I am a Pro Hobbyist! :rofl: I am now retired with a part time job about 25 hrs a week so it leaves me some time to play!
Swmbo says as long as I can pay for what I buy, I can have any tool I want. No begging or whining, to get a new tool at our house! :D
It's taken me 27 years to get to where I am with tools in my shop. A lot of upgrades! I have a pic of my shop from about 1985 and another about 1989 after I started my pro hobby work in 1987!
woodworking shop 1986 Light st.jpg
Craftsman 12" TS, Foley 12" planer / molder, 10" Craftsman RAS, Makita 8" jointer, 2 hp DC. 12" Craftsman BS.
workshop 1985 to 90  Light st.jpg
New Tools!!! Delta 14" BS , 10" cabinet saw, DJ-20 8" jointer, 3 hp shaper with feeder, better lighting.

Last edited:
Well Bryan, I can only dream about such a shop, for me it's looks more a machine shop, but I would like it to play in your shop, at least, if you permit me to do so, only Canada is sooooo far away, so I think bad luck for me.

TSS

I noticed the TSS how do you like it? I am currently considering a new saw because my Unisaw is needed on a job site for several weeks. I am considering a slider TSS,Minimax, Felder
Ron

I noticed the TSS how do you like it? I am currently considering a new saw because my Unisaw is needed on a job site for several weeks. I am considering a slider TSS,Minimax, Felder
Ron

I have only had it for a few weeks so I haven't put much wood through it, or even a chance to try the scoring blades. The slider rolls easily, approx 50" capacity in front of the blade, but that too has not been used. Size wise I like it, as it's not much bigger than the Unisaw, about 5" deeper. The large base makes the saw very stable, along with the 760 pound weight. When I had the Unisaw and an Excalibur 60" slider, it took up a lot of room to the left of the saw. I gained back a lot of floor space. I was dreaming of a slider but my garage is too small. After seeing a buddys new scmi 10 ft slider, there's no way I could fit something like that in. That 10 ft slider is huge compared to my old Unisaw.

New tool! More room!

I recently bought a used 12" Laguna TSS . I got rid of a work table, and a homemade downdraft table to make more room as I kept my old Unisaw. The Unisaw became the worktable, router table and I can saw stock longer than 9 ft now by opening the garage door. With an old power feeder I can power rip and mold lumber using a Sears :eek: molding head!. The Laguna slider sure is smooth compared to the Old Excalibur 60" slider which took up a LOT of room. I sold it and bought a Jessem mitre guage !:D I have replaced all the shop pics in the original post with new ones and will incude a few extras in this post. Since selling the old Honda motorcycle and with the big Excalibur slider gone I have a lot more room to walk around now!:D
IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_4021.JPG

shaping edges.jpg

ripping to width.JPG

NEW TOY!

I sold my chinese made 6x99 oscillating sander and picked up a used 6x108 Progress single phase 2 hp. I have seen others come up for sale but always 3 phase. I didn't waste any time deciding!:eek: A lady marquetry artist moved and her new digs couldn't fit the sander. Hasn't had a lot of use, which is good! Canadian made in Toronto, and made when steel was cheap cause this thing must be 700 pounds. Front table was missing , but easy to make one from mdf and 1/2" water pipe and flange.:D I had to pull my craftsman tool chest out of the line up along the wall to fit it in. I also made up some feet to be able to slide it easier if I need to use the front table. Rubber / plastic furniture pad with a flat head stove bolt.
IMG_4904.JPG

IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

IMG_4916-1.jpg
I also have added wood storage racks to the shop, buying 3 of the Triton racks . I mounted 2 sets together above the lathes and 1 on the other wall beside the stroke sander. So nice not to be tripping on the lumber pile behind the TS.

IMG_4906.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Bryan.

Good for you! more toys to play with! Enjoy them for me!

Just a question, I see that you have a dust extraction system with a cyclone,

could you give me some details about it? I'm thinking about setting one myself but the more information I have the more disoriented I feel.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bryan.
Just a question, I see that you have a dust extraction system with a cyclone,
could you give me some details about it? I'm thinking about setting one myself but the more information I have the more disoriented I feel.
The cyclone is Bill Pentz design. Cost $50 in sheet metal, 8 hrs to put it together. Had the sheet metal guy fold and roll the parts, that saves a lot of time. The DC is a really old Grizzly 4 bag, probably near 25 yrs old now. I mounted it on the wall to make more room at floor level. The cyclone is used as a pre-separator. The cyclone is mated with a 2' sq of melamine board, strapped to the wall in a corner. When the garbage can is pulled out , the straps keep the cyclone from falling. A handle on the melamine assists in lifting a 1/2" so you can slide the can in. Not the best in efficiency, but way better than my previous attempt at separating dust and chips.

Thanks Bryan.

I have to start taking some decisions about building a cyclone, my main problem is that I will need to contract three phase power, because I can't find 3,5hp 220V single phase motors here, as soon as you need more than 2hp they make them three phase, and here domestic installations are always single phase.

Anyway, I do not want to hijack this thread so I stop here.

Thanks for the info provided.

Update!- Planer

I spotted an ad for an old 5 hp single phase 20" Delta planer about 150 miles from me. It's a 1985 Delta-Invicta Rc-51, good shape but rusty and needing a paint job. It didn't take long to polish the rust off. I used Rustoleum machine grey in spray cans, taking most of the parts off to sand and spray. At around 1200 pounds, it's a beast to move. 4" poly casters makes it easy to roll. Can this thing plane lumber! 5 hp and that huge planing head, plus double outfeed rollers, sure moves stock throught it in a hurry.I love the powered raise/lower feature!!:D

Attachments

• IMG_5063.JPG
    IMG_5063.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5050.JPG
    IMG_5050.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5048.JPG
    IMG_5048.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5047.JPG
    IMG_5047.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5043.JPG
    IMG_5043.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5042.JPG
    IMG_5042.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Thanks Vaughn!

YAITT:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb::D:wave:

Last edited: