Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok Stu, heres my shop

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cowing View Post
    Lady in the Avatar is SWMBO
    Hi Bryan, sorry for asking but I can't make out the sense of the abreviation, english is not my mother tongue and I'm not used to all those acronims that you all use. My guess is: S= Susan? W= Wife? M= Most, B= Beloved, O= One??

Besides this, I like your shop very much, I wish I had half of the machines that are there. Is it a hobbyist shop or are you a pro?

Thanks for sharing the pics!
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Toni, it's "She Who Must Be Obeyed". Often it's the same person as LOML, or "Love of My Life", depending on the circumstances.

Here's a list of many of the abbreviations and acronyms you'll see around the forum:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ead.php?t=4492

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks Vaughn!

I didn't make any target, I hope I'm a better woodworker than a guesser.

I have to start writing down and memorize all these things, otherwise I might get into trouble someday.

Just remembered, She was Ayesha, great novel Ryder Hadgard ( if I remember well), I read it when I was 14 or so, later I saw Ursula Andress' movie.
    Last edited by Toni Ciuraneta; 09-18-2007 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Not to post another message for such a comment
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    Thanks Vaughn!

I didn't make any target, I hope I'm a better woodworker than a guesser.

I have to start writing down and memorize all these things, otherwise I might get into trouble someday.

Just remembered, She was Ayesha, great novel Ryder Hadgard ( if I remember well), I read it when I was 14 or so, later I saw Ursula Andress' movie.
    Now I've learned something. I never knew the term had a literary origin.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post

Besides this, I like your shop very much, I wish I had half of the machines that are there. Is it a hobbyist shop or are you a pro?

Thanks for sharing the pics!
    Hobbyist but I do make items for others to help finance my lust for tools!
    I guess you could say I am a Pro Hobbyist! I am now retired with a part time job about 25 hrs a week so it leaves me some time to play!
    Swmbo says as long as I can pay for what I buy, I can have any tool I want. No begging or whining, to get a new tool at our house!
    It's taken me 27 years to get to where I am with tools in my shop. A lot of upgrades! I have a pic of my shop from about 1985 and another about 1989 after I started my pro hobby work in 1987!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodworking shop 1986 Light st.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	12731
    Craftsman 12" TS, Foley 12" planer / molder, 10" Craftsman RAS, Makita 8" jointer, 2 hp DC. 12" Craftsman BS.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	workshop 1985 to 90  Light st.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	12732
    New Tools!!! Delta 14" BS , 10" cabinet saw, DJ-20 8" jointer, 3 hp shaper with feeder, better lighting.
    Last edited by Bryan Cowing; 04-15-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    hobby woodworking since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    This is why this forum is so good I learn new things each time I log in

Bryan: thanks for the explanation, a Pro -hobbyist and eventually a PRO-PRO is something that is on my mind, your SWMBO (now I know what it means) must be very caring and loving person send my greetings to her.
    Best regards,
    Toni

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post

wow, I never knew of 'She' either. I always thought it was old Rumpole of the Bailey that coined that phrase, since that was the first place I heard it (books on tape back when I was driving semi)
    -Ned

Well Bryan, I can only dream about such a shop, for me it's looks more a machine shop, but I would like it to play in your shop, at least, if you permit me to do so, only Canada is sooooo far away, so I think bad luck for me.

TSS

I noticed the TSS how do you like it? I am currently considering a new saw because my Unisaw is needed on a job site for several weeks. I am considering a slider TSS,Minimax, Felder
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Williams View Post
    I noticed the TSS how do you like it? I am currently considering a new saw because my Unisaw is needed on a job site for several weeks. I am considering a slider TSS,Minimax, Felder
    Ron
    I have only had it for a few weeks so I haven't put much wood through it, or even a chance to try the scoring blades. The slider rolls easily, approx 50" capacity in front of the blade, but that too has not been used. Size wise I like it, as it's not much bigger than the Unisaw, about 5" deeper. The large base makes the saw very stable, along with the 760 pound weight. When I had the Unisaw and an Excalibur 60" slider, it took up a lot of room to the left of the saw. I gained back a lot of floor space. I was dreaming of a slider but my garage is too small. After seeing a buddys new scmi 10 ft slider, there's no way I could fit something like that in. That 10 ft slider is huge compared to my old Unisaw.
    hobby woodworking since 1972