Ok Stu, heres my shop

NEW 12" HELICAL JOINTER!!!!

Had this picked up in Muncy while a buddy was away to Nova Scotia & and then to Boston, traveling with his big Dodge dually. Once I got the gooey stuff off, tried it out on a walnut board, no tear out around those knots! Very quiet, I think my drill press makes more noise :eek:. Edge jointed 40", joint came out perfect without even trying!! Not going to miss the 20 yr old DJ-20 :wave:, sold in 1 day too!:D I have been wanting a 12" and with the helical cutters, never have to mess with setting knives again!
IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

It's a small world Stu.
Bryan's buddy (who knows everyone in the woodworking community in NA) dropped in to my place around the same time you and I were having our visit to The Dungeon. Could've unloaded that beast right here and sent Bryan my toy 6" Delta jointer!

Nice machine Bryan. Do the lights dim in Woodstock when you start it up?

Regards
Peter

Hmm...instead of carrying planes, that aircraft carrier does the work of a thousand planes. :rolleyes:

Looks like a nice beast to use, Bryan. Congrats. :thumb:

New Planer

Decided I needed a helical planer to tame the tear out blues! Sold my Beast -20" Delta Rc-51 planer, a surplus 18" delta band saw and a hardly used Rockwell 6x48/12" disc sander to get almost enough capital to purchase this Powermatic 209HH planer. Big bonus, don't need ear muffs when planing lumber. Neighbours should like that! Extremely quiet!!! Snipe free and maple is planed smooth as glass. The large cast iron tables are a nice feature too!
IMG_1287.JPG

Wow what a nice addition Bryan. After the weekend and all my planning i would sure love one of those. But for the amount i do i could never justify it of course if i won the lotto well then that would be different. Good move clearing out some to get new. Great upgrade.:thumb:

How about a before and after pick on some rough saw hard lumber. That would make a statement.:D

How about a before and after pick on some rough saw hard lumber. That would make a statement.:D

Maple board with a 2" diameter knot . This was a 6/4 scrap board I was testing the planer on and had been through a number of times . Of course you all know what ruff lumber looks like :rofl: so no before shot. If this was sent through the old planer, there wouldn't be a knot left, just a nice big hole.
IMG_1298-1.JPG

Bryan can fly! Bryan can fly! Oh yeah, he said he used a ladder. Great setup Bryan. Your space is about the same size as mine and your layout has given me some good ideas. I sure envy your high ceilings. Thanks for the updates.

Bryan can fly! Bryan can fly! Oh yeah, he said he used a ladder. Great setup Bryan. Your space is about the same size as mine and your layout has given me some good ideas. I sure envy your high ceilings. Thanks for the updates.
13 ft is too high, PITA to get up there to do any work on lighting. You need a tall stepladder. My old wood platform one just gets me up there so I can just touch the ceiling.:rolleyes:

UpGrade, bought a used Gorilla DC

A few pics of removal and install of the slightly used 4 yr old 3 hp Onedia Gorilla. It came with the 7",6",5" 4" spiral pipe,blast gates & flex hoses, etc. Have 2 runs to complete yet.

IMG_4007.JPG4 bag Grizzly, owned it for 23 years:eek:

IMG_4013.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

IMG_4049.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4059.JPG

Looking good Bryan! :thumb:

I was thumbing through a magazine just yesterday and came across another member that has the Gorilla (or at least did). ;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20110205_142217.jpg
    IMG_20110205_142217.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 187