Ok Stu, heres my shop

Looks good Bryan, nice solution to use the hoist with, I'll have to remember that one. So do most of your tools have the same working heights to help with working on longer boards/projects in the shop? It always amazes me at how many large tools you have in the space and wonder if you have to re-arrange much to work on projects.

Looks good Bryan, nice solution to use the hoist with, I'll have to remember that one. So do most of your tools have the same working heights to help with working on longer boards/projects in the shop? It always amazes me at how many large tools you have in the space and wonder if you have to re-arrange much to work on projects.

Stroke sander table that I use as a workbench can be raised /lowered to match the RAS or TS or lowered to miss boards through the planer, or the slider on TS. Wish I had more room, but adding on the garage is too expensive to gain real estate. I have a drum sander, mortiser, etc parked in a cargo trailer to give me some more room. I already have sold off my Unisaw, 20" bandsaw and don't want to get rid of anything else or get a smaller version.

With 4 moving boxes full of Y's, elbows and blast gates, got started at running some pipe. The assortment spiral of pipe sizes has been laying outside behind the garage since last February, full of leaves and some dirt to clean off. A 2x6 fastened to the ceiling for a support pole at the planer. I needed a longer 8" section than what I had to get up to the ceiling, 8"x24"black stove pipe from our local hardware store, 24 gauge.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_8636.jpg
    1-IMG_8636.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 1-IMG_8635.jpg
    1-IMG_8635.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 1-IMG_8634.jpg
    1-IMG_8634.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 32
Running the DC pipe is not the most fun job, but it really does pay to do it right.
Looking really good, how is the heating? Was the insulation worth the work?
Cheers!

Running the DC pipe is not the most fun job, but it really does pay to do it right.
Looking really good, how is the heating? Was the insulation worth the work?
Cheers!
Mr Heater gas 50 K btu easily heats the 20x20 space. The 22 bags of cellulose cost $275 + $20 machine rental to do the attic. 3 hrs work with neighbor feeding the blower. Walls remain uninsulated at this time.

4 machines hooked up to DC, 3 to go! Sure takes a lot of time to run pipe! I hope I have enough spiral pipe left. Parts are a blend of spiral pipe from the purchase of the Gorilla DC a few yrs ago from a WWorker and when I had my old Grizzly DC using a lot of galvanized house heating parts and shop made blast gates.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_8640.jpg
    1-IMG_8640.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 20
I can now use the DC at most of the machines. Only the bandsaw is not hooked up. Left a Y in the 9 ft run to the front corner in case I want to run to the other corner of the garage. Took all day to do the last 9 ft and tape the joints with aluminum foil.:doh:
1-IMG_8646.jpg