Thread: Nearly 'New' DP

Nearly 'New' DP

I actually Bought this DP about 14 years ago, from a friend of my father's for $50. It moved to Bridgewater with my parents 13 years ago, and I just re-claimed it last night so I could do some more scrolling.

I'm off to rearrange the back porch since it looks like my old shop... and I want to turn over a new leaf. (try to anyway)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drill press.jpg  
    -Ned

Cool. I see that one has the threaded depth stop. I like those better than the ones where the depth stop is on the handle side of the quill.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Ned I have EXACTLY the same model. Works fine except the threaded depth gauge always gets loose on me. Besides that, I have had it for about 10 years and keeps chugging away.

Use it in good health
    Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes!

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom DiCara View Post
    Ned I have EXACTLY the same model. Works fine except the threaded depth gauge always gets loose on me. Besides that, I have had it for about 10 years and keeps chugging away.

Use it in good health
    It's a fine little beastie isn't it?

Here's what the back porch, er temporary shop looked like before I started the clean up:

and here it is after the cleanup:

eventually I want to set up the midi as well, but I'm still 'holding out' and hoping that the midi and indeed most of my tools will be out in the shop about 8' to the left of the last image... in the meantime, it is Great having a little bit of shop to work in.
    -Ned

Ned,

I'm glad you and your Craftsman friend are re-united. It should serve you well.

I didn't know you came to my shop to take shop pictures for your thread. You should have rang the door bell and said, "Howdy."

Enjoy,

Jim
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

The condition of your shop was pretty clean before the clean up. I told my oldest that if she wanted to go the movies in Daytona with her friends she had to vaccuum up the floor before she left.

I should have checked it before she drove away......looks like she moved the shavings from one side to the other.

Ahhh Kids.

Ned, how do you like the Delta scroll saw?

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C Bradley View Post
    Ned,

I'm glad you and your Craftsman friend are re-united. It should serve you well.

I didn't know you came to my shop to take shop pictures for your thread. You should have rang the door bell and said, "Howdy."

Enjoy,

Jim

Jim, that was one quick trip if I shot your shop and then got back here LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom DiCara View Post
    The condition of your shop was pretty clean before the clean up. I told my oldest that if she wanted to go the movies in Daytona with her friends she had to vaccuum up the floor before she left.

I should have checked it before she drove away......looks like she moved the shavings from one side to the other.

Ahhh Kids.

Ned, how do you like the Delta scroll saw?
    Dom,
    It works very well, bit of a pain considering it has the weird wrench with the guide stick tool for securing the blades. However it is 'bulletproof' otherwise. VS so I can go slow or really make the sawdust fly.

I really 'want' a dewalt one of these years, but this does the job for the time being.
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    Jim, that was one quick trip if I shot your shop and then got back here LOL

Dom,
    It works very well, bit of a pain considering it has the weird wrench with the guide stick tool for securing the blades. However it is 'bulletproof' otherwise. VS so I can go slow or really make the sawdust fly.

I really 'want' a dewalt one of these years, but this does the job for the time being.
    Thanks Ned.....I have my eye on a Dewalt...but those darn things are too much money for the amount of time I use it