rails and stiles help please

Hi gang,

Just got to playing with SU 6, and well, its a really neat program, but has a heck of a learning curve. Dave, I have been following your tutorial on R & S construction, but have run into a snag of two.

I have the rails and stiles all pushed together on plane, and everything, but am unsure on how to implement the Intersect with Model in step 6. Do I select each rail and intersect, or use the pointing tool, draw a box around the whole frame and then implement it.

I have tried it both ways and when I go to clean up with the eraser tool, it takes the entire line from one end to the other, in effect erasing the whole stile, one line at a time. What am I doing wrong. I must have tried this 20 or 30 times and am not able to get past the cleanup part.

Help.

Hi All,
I'm new here and that's my first post. Hoping to be clear enough. As many of you I started recently with SU and Dave teached me a bit ;)

Roger, I had the same trouble when I tried my first attempt with R&S tutorial.
Yes I use the pointing tool, draw a box around the whole frame and then implement it. Then intersect with selected.
Before starting with the eraser I click the Wireframe icon to see better what to clean up. It works for me. I just had to use reverse faces after erasing to finish the job. Then just follow Dave's guides in his tutorial.
Hoping that could help

After talking to Roger, I've come to the conclusion that the best way to do the coping cuts on the rails is as I showed in the zipped file in post #23 of that thread.