busy couple of days

Dan Noren

Staff member
last couple of days have been very busy around here. in the last couple of days. in the last couple of days, i've made 11 new leaning wine bottle holders (round top, boat, and bottle), a small forest of christmas trees (10 sets of 3, large, medium, and small), a cribbage board in purpleheart and walnut (for my barber), and drilled the 60 pen/pencil blanks (split 3 of them). i still have to sand, oil, and shellac the wine bottle holders, and the menorahs, kwanzaa candle holders, advent candle holders, lightly sand, then paint the christmas trees, and finish off the cribbage board.

Attachments

• newer wine bottle holders.jpg
    newer wine bottle holders.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 68
  • christmas trees.jpg
    christmas trees.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 67
  • new cribbage board.jpg
    new cribbage board.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 75
been a busy 3 days. in spite of the wife :blah: and her ideas, i did manage to get some woodworking in. got all 30 xmas trees painted and ready for the colored lights, got the first of the kwanzaa candle holders, advent candle holders, and menorahs finished. only fly in the ointment is that i had the wrong sized candles for the menorah. then i went on to sanding the new wine bottle holders (boat, bottle, and round topped). tomorrow i'm going to glue up the brass tubes in the blanks for the pens and pencils, sanding and finishing the rest of the candle holders, and hopefully a few other things.

Attachments

• oiled wine bottle holders.jpg
    oiled wine bottle holders.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 20
  • finished menorah.jpg
    finished menorah.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 21
  • finished advent candle holder.jpg
    finished advent candle holder.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 17
  • finished kwanzaa candle holder.jpg
    finished kwanzaa candle holder.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 18
  • painted xmas trees.jpg
    painted xmas trees.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 18
funny thing rob, that was one of my first ideas. but with the tealight holders being a touch under 2" in diameter, then adding enough space to make it look good, the whole thing came out to a little under 2' long. just a bit awkward size wise.

finished xmas trees tonight

finally, i have those finished. here's a pic, not really a good one, but it's better than naught.

Attachments

• finished xmas trees.jpg
    finished xmas trees.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 16
ok, here are good pics of the stuff made so far....

Attachments

• good bottle bottle holder.jpg
    good bottle bottle holder.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 7
  • good boat bottle holder.jpg
    good boat bottle holder.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 7
  • good xmas trees.jpg
    good xmas trees.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 7
  • good menorah.jpg
    good menorah.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 9
  • good kwanzaa candle holder.jpg
    good kwanzaa candle holder.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 9
  • good advent candle holder.jpg
    good advent candle holder.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 7
  • good round top bottle holder.jpg
    good round top bottle holder.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 7
another couple of busy days here. in the last 2 days, 40 pens, 4 kwanzaa candle holders, 5 menorahs, and 6 advent candle holders finished and assembled, with another 20 pencils to make tomorrow. then i think i'll be ready for that craft show....

So I see you've just been sitting around the house, eating bon-bons and watching Oprah, huh?

Are you sure your last name's not Levine? :D

finished the 20 pencils today, and fixed the 4 olivewood pens as well. i was so loopy when i finished last night, that i did not realize that i had not sanded and finished those pens. to compound that error, i assembled them last night. that meant even more fun when i went to disassemble them to finish them....

sorry vaughn, the name's not levine, but we are related though, turns out i'm his uncle, several times removed....:rofl::rofl::rofl: