This Place

I found this place when I first got my grandpa's lathe set up and needed some pointers on how to use it and how to upgrade it...I joined several other forums at that time too, but nothing at the other places made me want to stay around. This place is special and I'm very happy to have found it. :wave:

I remember there was a guy on the artist web site I am on who saw my art and web site and told me about this place. a couple years ago. Hard to believe it's been that long But then again it feels like a life time when you have made friends who are more like family.

I came here at the recommendation of another member after another similar forum was heading downhill fast. I like it here. I like the general tone of the site and the posters. I have learned a lot. I have even met a few of the family. I don't share a lot about me-there's really not that much to me. I'm a fairly simple person, I try to be down-to-earth about most things and not get too riled up over much of anything. I try to be tolerant of most of the world-except for stupid. I have a real hard time with stupid-myself or others.

This is a wonderful site and I'm sure it will stay that way. The admins and mods have a tough job and do it well-thanks.:thumb:

I stop in for a visit almost every day to see what's going on. I may not have much to say, but I have a lot to hear. This is way more than just "air" to me.

I visit 3 woodworking forums. This place is the one I call home. Sure, I can get WW'ing info on all of them. I feel this place is the one place I can count on for good info given by people whom I call friends. I feel comfortable here, and I think most people here share that comfort. There are no snobs here. There are people at this place who go out of their way to help members, and they do it totally behind the scene so as to not draw attention to themselves. This is a good place with good people; the fact that is has good WW'ing info is just a big plus.

I've been part of at least four other forums over many years. All have their place, I guess. One became 90% Off Topic and so volatile that I totally lost interest there. Another is so commercialized that you can't post a link to relative information. This Forum is HOME, like HOME should be. It's nice to be home! :bliss: