What to do with a ben franklin?

2 50 inch jet clamps, or a new TS blade, 40 tooth combo orange blade, and use the balance to sharpen 2 other blades, or use the balance to get a cushioned chair on wheels to sit on in the shop.

ya know larry, Im not exactly sure how Id spend it, so send it to me and Ill let you know what I buy.

Well Larry, I too am not sure how I'd spend it. I am not at a loss for tools or materials, but one thing I wish that Franklin could buy is TIME. Alas, that it cannot do. :(

Maybe, I would buy one or two good plane irons so I could really tune up my old planes. Or maybe some better honing stones? to at least do a better job of sharpening the irons I now have, even my spoke shaves, too. :confused:

What, you got a generous benefactor waiting in the wings to donate? LOL :rofl:

Aloha my friend. Hope you had a great birthday. :thumb:

well i do have a benefactor that has promised a Benjamin and i dont need any more clamps really and got some wood so thats out but would go along with you steve if you headed his way a two some would be fun.. and the shoulder plane rennie well i got a good 92,, was looking toput it towards one of those low angles jobs like glenn uses so much but it would only be adown payment on one of those..so i am still listening folks,, steve between the two of us we could get a load for allen pretty easy.. he didnt say if he wanted it dry or green, because this late fall i will have some green that can be had as well..
walnut, ash, oak and some cherry.

If only I could buy more shop time. I have a rockler air filter sitting in the box because I'm not putting it up till I finish my workbench, which is on hold till I finish christmas present toys for the neice/nephews, which are on hold because my anniversary snuck up on me and I have to finish a box for my wife. I did finally get some of the cherry and walnut out you gave me for the christmas presents though, pictures when I make some real progress on them.

I'll go with allen, I think I'd buy another saw blade, probably a second freud fusion and send all my current ones out to get sharpened. I keep holding off because I don't want to pay shipping twice, but dont' want to have all my blades out for that long.

Larry, wood you have. I say spend about $40 on a really nice Blue Spruce Toolworks marking knife, and the rest on a fine used Starrett 6" or 12" combo square. With these 2 tools, you'll have marking accuracy that can't be beat. And should you ever decide to sell them, you get your Benjamin back. Oh, and I almost forgot, when you use them, you get to remember the kind person who gave you the money for them.

Larry, wood you have. I say spend about $40 on a really nice Blue Spruce Toolworks marking knife, and the rest on a fine used Starrett 6" or 12" combo square. With these 2 tools, you'll have marking accuracy that can't be beat. And should you ever decide to sell them, you get your Benjamin back. Oh, and I almost forgot, when you use them, you get to remember the kind person who gave you the money for them.

good ideas ken but i got a marking knife from clardy that works fine, and a 6"veritas square,, so now i am back to this possible old skew chisel set..

This is sort of like, the same kind of stress that caused me a heart attack{I'm almost sure it had nothing to do with smoking 3 packs a day while 150lb's overweight} you may want to consider a more healthy alternative such as some of Granny's medicine...
granny's medicine.jpg :thumb::D
I'd be happy to walk you through the treatment :D

Funny you should mention a Franklin.

I got one, and just yesterday added a Jackson to it and bought a really good Iwata airbrush.

Lately, I've been messing with dyes and such, and found that my 20 year old Badger airbrush just isn't up to the tasks, so the Iwata has been on my wishlist for a while. I got a 40% discount coupon for Dick Blick's, so I used it , the Franklin and the Jackson for a fairly high end Iwata.

I'd get a hundred dollar gift certificate to the Knitting Sisters Yarn shop for my wife. Then, while she was feeling the love, I'd spend $850 on a new Festool Domino. Ya gotta invest your Franklin wisely!!