Looks like the Drum Sander Fairy that visited Rennie dropped by my house, too. Now all I've got to do is figure out where to put it. This puppy is a lot heavier than I thought it'd be. It was about all I could do to lift it onto the tablesaw.
With the infeed and outfeed tables, it's also a lot longer than I'd expected.
My buddy also had a few boxes of abrasives. The strips in the small box have only been lightly used, and the three bigger boxes are still nearly full.
There's a small tear in the feed belt that seems to be OK with its duct tape patch, but at some point it'll need replacing. It has the 2" dust collection port, but I had a 2" to 4" adapter, and my Harbor Freight DC seemed to handle it fine. I tried the sander on a small piece of resawn bloodwood that I had laying around. It did a good job, but I also learned that bloodwood burns pretty easily, and when it does, it gums up the sandpaper.
I tried my rubber sandpaper cleaner stick a bit (with the drum spinning) and didn't have much luck removing the burned resin. I'll scrub on it some more with the drum stopped, but if I can't fix it, I've at least got sandpaper to replace it.
Oh yeah...the price. I'm "storing" it for a contractor buddy on my pool league team, but since I'll use it from time to time, I decided not to charge him any storage fees. (He doesn't plan to take it back.) He told me he used it about eight times a number of years ago, and it has sat unused since. (The invoice date on the sandpaper boxes is from 2001.) He bought it to do his own cabinet doors, then decided it was just easier and more cost effective to just buy them ready-made.