Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could do 1 thing

Santa Claus, In

If you could do 1 thing

While back I ask if you could build that one special thing, what would it be. Well now if you could do one thing, what would it be. Money and time not being a factor, what is the one thing you would like to do?

Me, chess. For some strange reason, I want to learn to play chess. Don't know why, it just looks like a cool game. Thinking moves ahead, is what draws me, I think.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Cape Cod, Ma.
    I started playing chess in kindergarten and played constantly right through into my late twenties. It is a great game of strategy.

Be careful Steve! It can become extremely addicting....

If I could do one thing it would be to be able to get my daughter the education she so wants. And to have her graduate college unsaddled with the debt of student loans....

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    Steve, just one?
    I'd want to take my wife and kids on an extended tour of the US & Canada.

Thomasville, GA
    Money and time not being a factor, we would like to go on an around-the-world cruise. It would be neat to see all kinds of exotic places.

Now, back to reality! We'll definitely do a lot of driving tours around the States - maybe all the way to Alaska.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Outside the beltway
    Steve I am very satified with the life and talents I have been given. I would be a wreack if I tried to manage the things I would like to do. What I do is consider my options serch in my heart for that disire, if that desire is placed there then I move on it.
    I just don't think that far ahead. Because no man knows what he will be doing the next day for sure.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

North of Reno, NV...middle of the desert
    Muscle car

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Good question. I have lots of things I would like to do and probably never will but the one thing that has been on my wish list is to buy a big Winnebago and travel all the US and Canada.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Reno NV
    1 thing? That really limits it down.

If I could just take a couple of months off and get some of the backlog of projects done, that would be my wish.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Delton, Michigan
    i am gonna cheat and say two thing first one is to come up with another tour like the 2010 one was, a small group of folks and go see more of this great country and bob your welcome to come along.. or if it was something more personal,, i would like toget one more critter with my bow,, but i am pretty sure its gonna not be possible,, if did it i would have made my goal in archery,, its a moose..but that is big time work to pull it off..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

S E Washington State
    Build a nice sail boat and go sailing! So what is stopping you from learning chess? It is pretty easy to learn, getting good at it is, well maybe not so easy. I never got to good.
    "We the People ......"