Quick & Dirty SawStop Outfeed Table

Stuart Ablett

I will one day build a proper outfeed table, one that hinges up and down, but for now this worked out really well.

I'm cutting up a bunch of parts to make some small carts for the L shop, using a roller stand is not really the answer for this, but I needed something, as the balancing act at the edge of the tablesaw is not a good thing.

I used the piece of laminate covered board that I cut off the extension table of the SawStop when I downsized it.

sawstop_outfeed_table_1.jpg

It is very simple. I cut a piece of wood to support the outfeed table, and I put some threaded inserts into the wood, these line up with the holes in the back angle iron rail on the saw. I then use two bolts with knobs on them to tighten down the outfeed table, that holds the end on the saw..

sawstop_outfeed_table_2.jpg
The end away from the saw, I just use one of my roller stands to hold it up.

sawstop_outfeed_table_3.jpg

A pic showing under the saw so you can see the simple way it is attached.

sawstop_outfeed_table_4.jpg

A shot from the other side.

sawstop_outfeed_table_5.jpg

To make it easier to line up the holes in the angle iron and the inserts in the wood, I just drew a line on the angle iron, even I should be able to figure it out, without having to crawl under the saw!

sawstop_outfeed_table_6.jpg

Remove the two bolts by hand and that is all I have to do.

sawstop_outfeed_table_7.jpg

The roller stand is just sitting there, not attached in any way.

sawstop_outfeed_table_8.jpg

When I'm done, the outfeed table just goes under the back of the saw, and a simple wedge holds it there, out of the way until I need it next time.

Simple, effective, cheap and quick to build!

Cheers!