Grizzly G5014 bandaw

This bandsaw is still available. Asking is $800. It seems high to me. What do you think?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tls/2610517121.html

Update: price may be reasonable. I just spoke with the guy and he said that it is in its original pacakging on the pallet and the package shows G0514X.

G0514 is 2 HP. G0514X is 3HP.

It is located on a fourth floor of an office building. Not sure if it can be brought down to the parking easily without a floor jack.

Last edited:
If it's as the guy described it, then it ought to be a decent buy. I'd sure hope the building it's in has a freight elevator, though.:D:D

Rent an appliance dolly (U-Haul has them) to make the move easier.

If it is on a pallet, then the tool of choice is a pallet jack. I usually find them sitting around loading docks of buildings, so you may not need to rent anything.

When it reaches your truck or trailer, I would lay it on it's back (spine down) - most bandsaws like that position, rather than being balanced as a top-heavy load.

I am heading out there right now.

I may need Vaughn's services again. Hope he is available.

See you Monday. ;) I'll have a couple of different types of dollies on hand. And I'm sure we can get it in a regular office building elevator. If they got it up there, we can get it down. :D

Well, if it's been there that long, I bet you have a good shot. Looks like a great saw. Wish I was closer. One of the only things I'm actually really good at is 'liftn and toten', Just like Jethro Bodine...

We got the saw picked up and moved to Mohammad's shop today. I'll let him post the pics that we took. All in all, the move was pretty easy. The seller already had the palleted saw on a 4-wheel mover's dolly, so we rolled it out to my truck and laid it on its spine to move it. When we got to the shop, I backed the truck in the door, so it was unloaded and stood up right where he intended to put it (for now). Once again, the lift gate on the truck sure made things easier. :thumb: We just had to slide it in and out of the bed. No heavy lifting involved. :D

Once again, I took advantage of Vaughn's gracious offer of help. Him and his truck with the lift gate made moving the saw a very simple process.

Here are some photos that were taken with Vaughn's panaromic digital camera. You will some of my other recent CL acquisitions in the back ground as well.

Attachments

• New Bandsaw 1.jpg
    New Bandsaw 1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 41
  • New Bandsaw 2.jpg
    New Bandsaw 2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 39
  • New Bandsaw 3.jpg
    New Bandsaw 3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 43
  • New Bandsaw 4.jpg
    New Bandsaw 4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 43
  • New Bandsaw 5.jpg
    New Bandsaw 5.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 42
  • New Bandsaw 6.jpg
    New Bandsaw 6.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 36
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'm going to send a few of these photos to my dad. He likes seeing pics of his old lift gate in action. Sure was worth its weight in gold today, huh? :)