What can you do?????

Is the thingiebob with the hole in it something to help hold the bottle in the right position to pour when you are hung over from previous drinks?

I have seen those bottle holders, amazed by them every time, do they work at the same angle regardless the amount of contents (weight) in the bottle?

It takes a bit of trial-and-error to get the balance just right. Some bottles have thicker glass than others, so the balance point is a bit different. You can adjust for that by how far you insert the neck into hole: If the holder tips forward (toward the cork), pull the bottle out a bit. If it tips backward, insert the neck a bit more.

If I were to make one again, I'd cut the bottom on a bit steeper of an angle (I had one wine bottle that was too heavy to balance). I'd also use stock that was a bit thicker to make balancing easier.

I understood the corkscrew. Is the thing under the corkscrew a 21st century replacement for the cork?

I had planned on just doing a corkscrew. But Rockler only had these combo kits available. Personally, I think the bottle looks kinda silly with a T-handled corkscrew on top of it. All the more reason to just finish the bottle :D

Okay folks. Great creations. Would post mine, but figure all of you know what a standard 2x4 12" long looks like! :eek::(:doh:

So, now we need to determine a winner of the cash prize or I could just send it to Vaughn to put in the forum's account. You tell me. If we need to determine a winner, someone want to create a survey with the projects as the options? Lou Ann and I are kind of busy for the week at least. Thanks all and thanks for the excellent ideas!!!!

I like the idea of donating it:thumb: as for my project, my apologies to all as it is in the trash and not coming out. I consider my project as a total failure, sorry Jonathan and all, but I guess all I can make from a 12" 2 x 4 is trash:eek:

I also say donate it. Thanks Jonathan for making me think outside of the box for a change. Since it was "only" a scrap of borg 2x4, I had no qualms about making the project free-formed and seeing where the wood took it. Was a lot of fun. :thumb:

...as for my project, my apologies to all as it is in the trash and not coming out. I consider my project as a total failure, sorry Jonathan and all, but I guess all I can make from a 12" 2 x 4 is trash:eek:

That's what happened to mine, too. I was trying to steam bend some strips for Shaker boxes, but they kept cracking before they were anyway near the bend that was needed. After several tries, the whole thing got trashed.

I have to apologize too. Life got in the way, and my brain did not come up with any great ideas. Actually I had one. Plane it all down into shavings for my chicken coop. But that seemed just too silly.