What can you do?????

Im in but I might have to go to the borg and buy and 8' 2x4 to cut a foot off... I seem to have everything but.....:rofl:

Can I rip a 2x6 to a 2x4 and use that?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

im in!

2x4 Project

This kind of project can be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure whether I'm in yet - gotta think about all the stuff on my table. Oh, speaking of "table" - careful, this is what ya call a segue!

When I was living in Florida, the woodworking club had an annual 2x4 contest. The rules were simple: take a standard construction grade 2x4; i.e., 1.5"x3.5"x96" and make something - anything - as long as it used the entire board and no more. Many in the group participated and it was amazing to see the range of projects. Here's what I built one year:

Attachments

• table2x4_2005_side.jpg
    table2x4_2005_side.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 55
  • table2x4_2005_top.jpg
    table2x4_2005_top.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 57
This kind of project can be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure whether I'm in yet - gotta think about all the stuff on my table. Oh, speaking of "table" - careful, this is what ya call a segue!
WOW! That is cool!!! Come on, you know you'll have fun!

Bill, we have that same contest in the ww club that I am in. We had one fellow build a hat and the next year a guiter.
I had no idea this was a contest somewhere else. I just happen to have a few laying around and went to subway and viola!!! I guess it will be more interesting than I thought to see the end results.

count me in jon!:D:thumb:
You are in Dan!!!:thumb::thumb: