A couple u tube videos you might like!

The one's around here have land line phones as well. It is in a little shack out behind the house. Funny what they do and don't do when it comes to keeping up with tech stuff.

I have a few Amish friends. Grew up knowing a few. Anyway, their stance is generally dictated by the bishop of that district. Thus the reason some on one side of the road can do something and the one's on the other side of the road can't. Their position isn't so much shunning new technology, it is more about their lifestyle and religion so that they don't become enamored with themselves and have it so easy they covet their neighbor's belongings or expand to the point they forget about family time and such. It is really living your religion and I don't want to get into that anymore. :eek:;):rolleyes::D:thumb::thumb:

I was told by one that we had local, we don't use tractors because one tractor can put eight people out of work. Hard to believe people still think of others like that.

Looks as if he's read that book entitled "500 mechanical movements" and he decided to put them all in practice in one single machine. Simply awesome, I can't imagine the amount of shop hours that must have taken.

So Toni, when can we expect to see one of those machines out of your shop?

I must admit that the idea of making one of those marble machines ( not like the one on the video) that move marbles up and let them fall through the most weard paths has crossed my mind.

But one thing I know is that when I start having more than five or ten wood pieces in my bench my brain leaks, the fact of not being able to see that darn thing grow under my hands until the very end discourages me a lot, and I tend to lose interest.:dunno:

The horse and wagon makes me think of a story my mother used to tell about when I was just a babe in arms and my sister a two year old... my dad was a share cropper that didn't own his own animals, so to make a crop, he would take another farmer's green mules and break them to work. He sometimes would borrow my grandfather's big mule to "steady" the young mules... he would hold the reins for the young mules, but sometimes would put a separate rein on the big mule and my mom would hold it... along with me and my sister...on a trip from the farm to visit my mother's parents once the young mules didn't "steady" so well and took the bits in their teeth and tried to run... Dad couldn't hold them back, so the told Mom to settle in, then stood up and cracked the reins and really whipped the mules into a run... he ran them from Donie to Freestone... those are two little communities in the county where I was born in Texas... they are about 13 miles apart. After he arrived, he let the mules blow for a couple of hours to cool off, then started them home at a good clip.... they never tried to run away again. Not a really smart move, but patience with animals was never a strong suit for my dad... if he had turned the wagon over or wrecked, likely he would have been a widower with no children. :eek::(