Clamp Storage

Ron Roase

They allways say you cant have to many clamps! that maybe true but you also must have a place to put them. I have a few pipe clamps and a couple of very heavy duty bare clamps that hang on a small section of wall. Also about 20 one handed squeese clamps that I use on every project I do in one way or another. But when I build cabinets I always reach for my favorite clamps .... K body Bessy clamps I have about 8 to 10 of those. I hade a small area in wich to house them ( 16 1/2 X 16 1/2 ) that is between the end of a metal cabinet and the out side wall. I will attempt to describe how I made it. I have only one picture. But between the two ( text & Picture ) You will figure it out. I took a piece of 4X4 that was 4ft 6" long and mounted feet on one end. On the top I took a piece of 3/4" ply wood and put a piece of formica on it. Drilled a hole in the center for a 1/2" bolt this was then screwed to the top of the 4X4. A second piecr of 3/4" plywood Had 5 of those brackets that hold a 3/4" steel ball bearing. Some slots are then cut around the edges to hold the clamps. Then with a couple of washers and a nut on top, you just spin the top piece and the ball bearings run nice and smooth on the formica. You could also use an old base from a swivel chair as well.
Clamp Storage.JPG
Hope the explanation was clear enough along with the picture. It has worked well for me for many years with out any problems.:D:thumb::rofl:

Old Swivel Chair Base! Doh! That's a great use for those, and to think I threw a couple of those away last year... :doh: