Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday 9/30 Edition

Friday 9/30 Edition

Well, we made it to another Friday. So what is going on in your neighborhood?

Me, got lots of odds and ends to do. Need to run to the lumber guy and pick up some maple. Might catch some football,.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Yes we did Steve. I'm leaving in a few hours to start off hunting season in Va on the farm. Just going down to set up a few scrapes and drippers. May hunt tomorrow or may not . Just received a call from the Spanish down town a few seconds ago and they need some work done. I've worked with them for the last 10 years. So I am not sure If I will stay down till Saturday evening or come back.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Pretty much a free weekend. Not quite sure what I'll do. I finished the rolling under bed drawer for the bed I made for my grandson so I'm ready to start another project.
    Cash restrictions are not going to let me start building Norm's router table right now. I may start on the jewelry box my daughter wants or I may move my lumber rack. I may even start on the Shaker cabinet that Dave Richards did in sketchup. I've squirreled away more than enough cherry or maple to build it.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

got full WKND,, get the stuff around for our opener on sat and babysit my new son!!! that is a all day job. and gonna try to get some shop time in there as well..in between the other stuff..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Friday: LOML has the day off, so we'll have a day full! Slept in this morning to prepare for a run to Tallahassee to do a little shopping, then an early dinner at Outback.

Saturday: LOML and a neighbor are doing to hit some yard sales early, so I'll head to the shop to work on the Credenza. I have the mahogany cut to size for the top panel and will bandsaw the radius pieces - maybe even get them glued up.

Sunday: Pretty much the usual routine. I'll make brunch for us, then prepare for the NASCAR Cup race at Dover. Haven't decide what to prepare for dinner yet, but most likely will be steaks on the barbee. Being outside should be nice since the forecast high on Sunday is 75 - sounds great after a Summer of record heat!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Heading east to IA city tomorrow morning for a suprise 40th for my BIL...Sunday will probably be slow and easy...maybe some shop time later in the day.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Hitchins, Kentucky (Northeastern part of the state.)
    My BIL has a couple trees that needs to come down, including a black walnut. He is going to give me the wood. Unfortunately it isn't big enough to get any lumber, but I should get plenty of turning projects out of it. Waiting on FedEx right now to deliver the lathe and stand. Won't be able to turn this weekend, as part of the shipment won't come until next week.

One way to make the dog a good pet is fire up the grill and cut pieces off the meat and talk with him and share as you cook.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Funeral this morning, friend from church. Then into town to pick up a loveseat we ordered about 6 weeks ago. Shop time tomorrow (hopefully), church on Sunday followed by more shop time!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    One way to make the dog a good pet is fire up the grill and cut pieces off the meat and talk with him and share as you cook.
    We had a cat (now in kitty heaven) that would lay by the grill when I fired it up. She wasn't particularly interested in steak or chicken, but seemed to sense when I was cooking kielbasa and wanted her share of it! I'd cut off a few pieces, quarter them, let them cool and she would dive in!!!
    Last edited by Bill Arnold; 09-30-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station