Vaughn is now famous among the literati

Bill Lantry

Hey, folks,

It's difficult trying to explain the nuances of one art to practitioners of another. Explaining woodturning to the literary set is like explaining coloratura arias to sculptors: you have to walk a very fine line, and stick to the essentials.

Fortunately, Vaughn's art speaks for itself, and all that's really necessary is an explanatory detail here and there, a little background on the process, and the photos.

This piece just went up yesterday, and already there's feedback from Asia, Europe, and all over North America. Here's hoping word of his skill spreads far and wide:

http://www.thiszine.org/poetry/lantry-spotlight/manzanita

For those curious about such things, it's part of a much larger piece. But the rest isn't woodworking related, and can be safely ignored... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

so if i got this right,, you done the writing about a piece vaughn made and now you are getting feed back from folks on the story behind the piece of wood and your writing.:huh::huh:

Very nice write on my favorite piece of Vaughn's work! :thumb:

& Wow on your interview...I feel as though you opened your "Cellar Door" and allowed us a great peek inside! Thank you!!! :wave:

Quote: "You want people weeping with ecstasy."...what a beautiful world that would be! Well...that and at least one encounter with Innana ;):D

Bill, that is just TOO cool. :thumb: You flatter me, sir. Beyond that, I'm out of words. :bow:

Thanks to you, and thanks to your ace of a literary agent. ;) :D

Accolades to all concerned!:score:

(Wait. literati. Those aren't the guys who killed the pope in the Tom Hanks movie, are they? :huh::huh:)

Last edited: