Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going into Hospital Today

Tokyo, Japan

Going into Hospital Today

Dear Family,

Although I have only been a member of this group less than a year and I have never posted any examples of my (future) work I truly enjoy reading the posts everyday. I have learned so much and not only about woodworking.

Today, I face a challenge. I am going into hospital for a total right knee replacement. This is voluntary and I look forward to being able to stand and walk without pain, maybe even play some golf. In the process of being evaluated for this surgery they found some coronary problems. So, a non voluntary and potentially more serious procedure has to be done before the knee surgery. If all goes well (angioplasty?) then the knee surgery is on. If not, then we go to plan B.

So, I am not sure if I have access to internet in hospital but, if not, I will ask Stu to keep you posted. Please keep me in your thoughts (and prayers--I know not - CoC). Should be no problems but whenever you are on the table and a doctor is cutting you there is always a risk.

Plainwell, Michigan
    Best of luck Kyle you will be happy when it is done, be sure to follow the docs orders and follow through with ALL PT as it is very important. Look forward to hear from you after surgery with a great follow up report. Your new shop awaits you AFTER FULL RECOVERY

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    support on its way Kyle. Heal well and quickly!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Get well soon Kyle. Heal up quickly.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Villa Park, CA
    Good luck. I hope the coronary problem turns out to be minor. My wife had both hips done (at separate times) and a friend had a knee done. All went well, although the recovery time for the knee was longer than the hip surgery.

They both said they were glad they had it done.

Generally, the docs don't push you. They tell you that you'll know when to get the surgery - when the pain in the old joint gets bad enough.

I hope all goes well for you and you're back and walking without pain soon.

Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Best of luck Kyle......get well soon
    Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes!

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.

Los Angeles, CA
    Kyle, I hope it all works out for the best. Wish you a speedy recovery.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

North West Indiana
    Kyle, remember, when the doctor looks at you before he puts you under and he says, "have a good day" remember to look him in the eye and answer with, "NO, YOU HAVE AN EXCELLENT DAY!!!"
    Contrary to common belief, I am not Amish. In my own way on my own time on my own level I will pray for your good health and speedy recovery. With my wife's foot, I have been at a lot of physical therapy sessions and have seen many people with knee, hip, rotator surgeries being worked to improve range of motion and strength. They do wonders, do the work after. Good to know you might be AWOL and who to ask for updates. May all the King's horses and all the King's men be able to put your knee together again!!!!
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

new york city burbs
    wait, wait kyle! did ya get the shop setup yet?

eh, it aint going anywhere. Get well fast and come back and start cutting some wood.
    Human Test Dummy

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    Hope that the coronary issue is minor. Angioplasty is a lot better than bypass. I pray that it stays that diagnostic, and the knee surgery goes smoothly. I understand that the physical therapy is the key to the best outcome for the knees. So work through the pain and do the work. Will be looking for great updates in a day or 2. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3