Bet ya cant guess what Im building

Well I was moving right along until I hit the same snag as John did :doh:
the strings would not pull down enough to stay in place on the nut. Vaughn gave me a good fix for it but about 10 minutes to late. I had already cut the taper on the head and was in the process of gluing it back one like John did. :dunno:

Will update photos later have to run right now. :wave::wave:

Jay, your fix should work well. :thumb: You have a lot of long grain surfaces on the glue joints. Unless you clamped it with bubble gum and thread, the joint's gonna be stronger than the wood.

The fingerboard is looking real nice. What kind of pickup did you use?

And Paul, you're right...that guy is a player for sure. Cool stuff.

I'm just using a Piezo pickup on this one Vaughn. I still dont have a amp so dont know how it will sound (I think I going to build an amp in another Cigar box).

I look at this CBG as a practice one. These thing are a blast to make and I dont have a clue as to what I'm doing :rofl::rofl:

CBG nation is my friend........:rofl::rofl:

That came out looking great, Jay. If I ever find myself in your part of Missouri, I'll be looking forward to playing it. :thumb: You on the street organ, me on the ceegar box...we'll jam! :headbang: :D

It's pretty exciting when you get the strings in and give it a try. Amazing the sound that it can produce. Tongue drums are the same for me, it always amazes mt the sound and each one is a little different.