Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Steve Jobs 1955-2011

RIP Steve Jobs 1955-2011

He who laughs last, thinks slowest

Just shows you .......money and fame aren't everything.........56 seems awfully young.......
    Ken
    ------

I'm sorry to see him go. He contributed quite a bit to the world. And while 56 is young, he packed a lot of living in those years - he built Apple into what it is today (actually, he built Apple twice) and made a lot of money.

I'll bet if you had offered him the choice of living to a ripe old age but not achieving what he did, or dying at 56 but with his achievements, he would have chosen to die at 56.

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

A man who changed the world....

I'm smiling....remembering my Apple IIc.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by ken werner View Post
    A man who changed the world....
    True, that.

I read an interesting article about him a while back that talked not about his successes, but his failures: The Lisa, the Newton, NeXT Computers, and several other endeavors that never took hold. Part of what made Steve Jobs so great was his willingness to take chances, and his ability to recover after failures.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on." - Steve Jobs

No truer words...
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I may not have many of his products, but his vision definitely pushed the bar and provided the competition that drove the whole industry. A rising tide raises all ships, as they say.

He will be missed.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I prefer the MacOS, his vision indeed has had a huge and lasting effect on the world as we know it. Technically Xerox invented the GUI (graphic User interface), but until the Lisa and then the first Macs, no one took it seriously. Once the Mac showed it could be done, then Windows was born.
    RIP indeed, and Thank you Steve for all that you did in your too short a time with us.
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on." - Steve Jobs

No truer words...

I agree with those words 1000% .

Very sad day he was quiet an inspiration to me and i bet many many more.

Guys like this show what can be done.

Some of you might want to watch this talk Steve gave in 2005 at Standford. Then you get more insight into his outlook and a hint to the fact that he probably knew the day was coming, but he did not waste any time between then and now if yoou think of what has happened in Apple since then.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/st...e_you_die.html

Uncanny how this happens so close after the latest iPhone announcement.
    cheers