it took me 7-1/2 years

What is it? I'd say it is expensive. And my guess is it is worth it. As to what, my first guess was something digital, but by your hint, I'm wrong. Dunno.

Boy, at that price, I don't have a clue. Looking forward to seeing pics, though. :thumb:

BTW, good to see you pop in, Karl. :wave:

I am going to go with Selco beam panel saw. Takes a sheet of ply and cuts it up into all the preset pieces for cabs. I am thinking for that price you must have purchased it off an auction.

Thats my guess based on what i seen you do. Baby like this would make you even more productive.:D

Selco wnt600.jpg

They can be had second hand for in the $30K range.:):thumb:

a good panel saw

And Larry wins the prize. I bought a Striebig Compact Plus. I'm bummed I couldn't find a used one as it would've saved me more than $10k, and probably closer to $15k.

I'm so psyched to get this thing. It is the one tool I have lusted for above all others since opening my doors in the spring of 04'. I've got in the neighborhood of $90k worth of tools, so the Striebig is a massive capital investment for me.

This looks like the units the Home Depot has here for cutting customer pieces up.

Karl you know for the same money you could have had a second hand version of the one in my picture.

Guess that was a bit much for your size shop. ;)

From what we seen ofyour work you wont have any issues making good use of this machine. Good for tax break too. Think in the US right now you small business guys can write off 100% of the value of capital equipment not so i think its up to 100K check with your bean counter. :thumb::thumb:

Soon you going to have to be hiring help.:D

This looks like the units the Home Depot has here for cutting customer pieces up.

Unless your Home Depot's are a whole heck of a lot nicer than ours, this isn't even in the same ballpark for quality. Tolerances in 5' is 1/10mm, which is way more accurate than I will ever need it to be.

Karl you know for the same money you could have had a second hand version of the one in my picture.

Guess that was a bit much for your size shop. ;)

Space is the main concern for a beam saw, they have a massive foot print. At some point I will get one, then it can handle all of the sheet stock ripping, and some of the cross cutting as well for stock items, like base partitions and unfinished ends. Other than that you stack up your rips and just grab and cut to length for decks and shelves in the vertical panel saw.