spindle sander

youre right mohammad, although Im not very keen on my local HD, Ive met the daytime manager and he does seem like a cool guy, who has helped me before on some things. There is a HF 15 minutes from the store, so next week I will go in and tell him I can buy one at HF(different brand ofcourse) with this coupon, will he honor it?

I cant use the 20% HF freight coupon.

Im going to look at a used jet spindle sander whenever the guy calls me back this week.
If its in great shape, has everything, I think paying half the price new is an ok deal.
I read a bit about the machine, it seems to get pretty good write ups.

I purchased my Jet JBOS-5 new back when it was on sale for less than $300.

I have the older model of the portable Ridgid CMS stand. Other than that I've never been fond of the relationship between Ridgid & Home Depot.
Ever since I was told about a sale on a battery powered set of Ridgid tools I even saw the display setup sheets on Friday evening & the sale was to be on Saturday I got up early to make sure I was there for the sale when I arrived they said HD had canceled the sale. Plus all the horror stories on the internet. My buddy purchased a Ridgid ROS to replace his worn out DeWalt it was less expensive & with less vibration he likes it real well.

It was at this time I discovered Ryobi & the fact I could buy only what I needed in battery powered tools & the rest is history.

Last edited:
home depot is holding back from offering any coupons.
I havent spoken with the guy with the used jet, but HD probably wont offer a coupon till after the holiday season when they want to drum up some sales.

I also have the Rigid and really like it. Allen, using a coupon would be your best bet. I don't think they ever put the thing on sale. It's probably the best 200 bucks I've spent. I sanded all the profiles on the rocking horse I recently made and they were 2" thick oak and cherry. I use the belt sander as much as the spindles.

I'd check out the used Jet for price you may get a nice surprise or not. I can see several uses for the belt sander on the Ridgid sander. I already had a combination sander that is the reason I purchased the Jet spindle sander.

BTW what is the main body & table of the Ridgid sander made of?

I just got back before from looking at the machine.
I dont know much about used equipment, but he wanted 350 for it and I would not pay that much for a used machine I can get for 4 and change.
I went over to HD, they didnt have the spindle sander in stock, I was going to see a different manager and ask about a harbor freight coupon, figured it pays to ask again.(same manager, so Ill visit them again soon)

I ripped up the carpet and all the tacks in the finish room, took down all the moldings, will start taking down the wall paper borders tomorrow, so I will be busy finishing off that room for a week or so.
Then I have to start building closet doors and furniture, so by new years, Id like to have the sander.

Last edited:
I thought that was the case but couldn't remember if that was one of the reasons I didn't purchase a Ridgid.

Although I'm not much of a fan of plastic tools, I gotta say the Ridgid hasn't disappointed me at all. The table is square and flat, and the case being plastic hasn't caused any issues. It also makes it lighter and easier to get out from under the bench when I need to use it.

I havent seen a coupon offer from HD yet, so Im being patient.

Woodcraft on the other hand, has offered a 100 dollar gift card with the purchase of the jet tabletop spindle sander at 479.00.
Tempting offer as Im always getting stuff from woodcraft.