Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: spindle sander

youre right mohammad, although Im not very keen on my local HD, Ive met the daytime manager and he does seem like a cool guy, who has helped me before on some things. There is a HF 15 minutes from the store, so next week I will go in and tell him I can buy one at HF(different brand ofcourse) with this coupon, will he honor it?
    Human Test Dummy

I cant use the 20% HF freight coupon.

Im going to look at a used jet spindle sander whenever the guy calls me back this week.
    If its in great shape, has everything, I think paying half the price new is an ok deal.
    I read a bit about the machine, it seems to get pretty good write ups.
    Human Test Dummy

Bummer.

Best of luck finding a used sander.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

I purchased my Jet JBOS-5 new back when it was on sale for less than $300.

I have the older model of the portable Ridgid CMS stand. Other than that I've never been fond of the relationship between Ridgid & Home Depot.
    Ever since I was told about a sale on a battery powered set of Ridgid tools I even saw the display setup sheets on Friday evening & the sale was to be on Saturday I got up early to make sure I was there for the sale when I arrived they said HD had canceled the sale. Plus all the horror stories on the internet. My buddy purchased a Ridgid ROS to replace his worn out DeWalt it was less expensive & with less vibration he likes it real well.

It was at this time I discovered Ryobi & the fact I could buy only what I needed in battery powered tools & the rest is history.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 10-23-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

i have had the delta boss spindle sander for some time now, and have no complaints. spindles are a one screw setup, and you can hook the dust port up to a shop vac.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

I'm yet another happy owner of the Rigid. Because I'm Canadian, it cost me $250, but the sander has definately been worth the price.
    Cheers, Frank

Oh darn, reading this thread makes me yearn for yet another tool. Youse guys are bums.

A little late, but another Rigid owner here too...great sander, well worth the price.
    Darren

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

home depot is holding back from offering any coupons.
    I havent spoken with the guy with the used jet, but HD probably wont offer a coupon till after the holiday season when they want to drum up some sales.
    Human Test Dummy

I also have the Rigid and really like it. Allen, using a coupon would be your best bet. I don't think they ever put the thing on sale. It's probably the best 200 bucks I've spent. I sanded all the profiles on the rocking horse I recently made and they were 2" thick oak and cherry. I use the belt sander as much as the spindles.