spindle sander

grizzley sent me an email stating the scroll saw I ordered wont be available until end of april, didnt seem like they were making a promise about that either. Not a big deal, would have liked to play around with it the next few months before I start any projects.

as I wanted, the grizzly spindle sander fits perfectly under my lathe table so its out of the way and can be accessed in a second. Its light enough it doesnt present any problems for a bad back.
Works fine, and putting it up on the work bench is alot more comfortable for me to work with than using the drill press.(not sure why, it just feels more comfortable, less strain)
Easy to change out sanding spindles, have not hooked it up to dust collection yet, as I dont have any 2.5 inch hoses around, but its coming also.

grizzley sent me an email stating the scroll saw I ordered wont be available until end of april, didnt seem like they were making a promise about that either. Not a big deal, would have liked to play around with it the next few months before I start any projects.

they actually stated on or around april 19th, so I gave them a call, now they are saying july 20th.
Im patient, not an emergency.

I figured if grizzly shows something in their catalog online in 2011, and its mid June 2012, maybee its time to look at something else.
A cheap dremel scroll saw supposedly in brand new condition, popped up near me for 50.00
I dont want to invest alot since I just want to play around with one when I get a chance, and if I want to do more work in the future, well, you all know the drill.(i mean scroll saw)
turns out the guy selling it is right near my son, so in around 20 minutes, Ill have a new used scroll saw.
Not in a rush, but grizzly gave me over 6 months to keep looking, and I found one at the right price.
the table saw guy already sold the unit, so Im still looking for a cheap under 50 ts.

looks pretty good, for 50 bucks, got extra blades and the manuel, looks fairly new.

wanna take a little time and play around with some scroll work this summer, so this is a good beginners saw I figured.

Attachments

• kitchen reface 065 (Medium).jpg
    kitchen reface 065 (Medium).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
was wondering why he gave me over 60 blades......took me 2 of them to learn about tensioning today.

anyone here reco a book on scrollsawing, simple stuff, maybe a book with patterns included also?

dont know the quality of this machine, but the machine seems brand new. most of the parts were still in unsealed plastic bags.

Allen, Ken Fitzgerald just took a scroll sawing class...I bet he can reccomend a book or two. Congrats on the new toy.:thumb:

I really like my Ridgid too. It's not much more than most oscillating spindle sanders, and adds the flexibility of the oscillating belt sander that can be changed over very quickly. There's even dust collection.