Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life Changing Event

Central Illinois

Life Changing Event

At 11:03 PM on September 21, it started! Well, it actually started eariler, but I didn't know it till that time. My wife tells me that for the 21 through the 25th, I was in the land of Aquarious. Totally out of it to such an extent that the head ER Nurse had to use the Knuckle chest rub; agressively, just to get me to wake up. A real scare for LOML. When I was lucid, I was told that my right Kidney just shut down (Renal Failure). While they were observing me and looking for a reason it shut down, they found something else. Cancer!

Not what you want hear, but there are many avenues for treatments. I go to North Western University Hospital in Chicago on the 17th to have a biopsy done. That will tell us what stage it is,1-2-3-4, and how aggressive it is. Then we will be better informed and better able to figure out which treatment is best. I have been told that there will be Dialisys. Don't know when it'll start and for how long, but I've heard that once you start, you're on for the rest of your life.

Just thought I'd let you folks know why my participation be somewhat sketchy.

Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

Los Angeles, CA
    Very sorry to hear about the health scare. I wish and hope that the results of the tests are favorable. Take care of yourself.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    whoa, hang in there, and we'll keep the forum lights on for when you need to hang out with some friends and get your mind off of treatments occasionally. Support and good thoughts heading your way!

Tokyo Japan
    Really sorry to hear about this Bruce.

Myself and my lovely wife are both cancer survivors, they do amazing things these days.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Central NY State
    Be strong Bruce, you can be sure there are good wishes coming your way from all over the world. Keep us posted as best you can.

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    Bruce, wow, I'm so sorry. But you have a great attitude about it at this point. Attitude is everything. Keep it up and kick the problem. Life may change, sometimes that's the price we pay. I have cancer surgery set up for the end of Nov. myself. Not as acute as your situation sounds, but life changing just the same. Hang in there, we will get through this. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Constantine, MI
    Bruce, I'm so sorry to hear this. I truly hope that this will work out and you will come out of it strong and healthy. You will be in Jan and my thoughts - promise.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean

All of the positive thoughts I have are with you.

Best of Luck,

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.

North West Indiana
    Bruce, as others have said, "we'll leave the lights on for you as well as keep you in our thoughts, hang tough and give that big C heck!!!"
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

ABQ NM
    You're right, Bruce...not the news one wants to hear. I'll just echo all of the above and wish you a speedy resolution and return to good health.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan