Life Changing Event

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
At 11:03 PM on September 21, it started! Well, it actually started eariler, but I didn't know it till that time. My wife tells me that for the 21 through the 25th, I was in the land of Aquarious. Totally out of it to such an extent that the head ER Nurse had to use the Knuckle chest rub; agressively, just to get me to wake up. A real scare for LOML. When I was lucid, I was told that my right Kidney just shut down (Renal Failure). While they were observing me and looking for a reason it shut down, they found something else. Cancer!

Not what you want hear, but there are many avenues for treatments. I go to North Western University Hospital in Chicago on the 17th to have a biopsy done. That will tell us what stage it is,1-2-3-4, and how aggressive it is. Then we will be better informed and better able to figure out which treatment is best. I have been told that there will be Dialisys. Don't know when it'll start and for how long, but I've heard that once you start, you're on for the rest of your life.

Just thought I'd let you folks know why my participation be somewhat sketchy.

Bruce

Bruce, wow, I'm so sorry. But you have a great attitude about it at this point. Attitude is everything. Keep it up and kick the problem. Life may change, sometimes that's the price we pay. I have cancer surgery set up for the end of Nov. myself. Not as acute as your situation sounds, but life changing just the same. Hang in there, we will get through this. Jim.

Bruce, I'm so sorry to hear this. I truly hope that this will work out and you will come out of it strong and healthy. You will be in Jan and my thoughts - promise.

You're right, Bruce...not the news one wants to hear. I'll just echo all of the above and wish you a speedy resolution and return to good health.

Wow Bruce. I'm really sorry to hear that. Hang in there. Like everyone else has said they have made great strides in treatments. Best wishes and kind thoughts sent your way for a speedy recovery