Life Changing Event

Seems like you have a proper attitude Bruce. My step mom has beat it twice. It can be done and you can do it. You have my support as well as that of everyone else here.

My thoughts are with you and yours. I know a surprising number of cancer survivors and the treatments are just getting better and more effective.

That kind of news is a shock. I hope the further tests show that it's treatable and you're back soon. There's been a lot of progress in treating cancer of all types. Please keep us informed as best you can.

Mike

Good luck and I sure hope that they've caught it early enough and you beat this thing. The strange thing is that I got some pretty horrible news myself that same week. On Monday 9/19 I had a physical and my doctor ordered a test. I had the test first thing in the morning on 9/22. Within three hours of the test, I got a call from my doctor's office telling me that I needed to get in ASAP to discuss the results. I went in for an appointment at 8:45 a.m. on 9/23 and my doctor got straight to the point. He pretty much told me that I had ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease) and that if that was the case, there really wasn't anything that anyone could do. He told me to go home and wait by the phone for a call from a neurologist to set up more testing. Six hours later I got the call and they said it would be three weeks until I could see them. This was on a Friday and my step-father intervened and got me an appointment with his neurologist on Monday the 26th. Those were the four worst days of my life! After seeing my neurologist who did a workup, he sat my wife and I down at his desk and told us that he sees no sign of ALS! That was a HUGE relief. There is still something going on that he can't figure out yet but they took a ton of blood for testing and I had a full spinal MRI about a week ago. I'm still waiting on results from both and have been pretty stressed lately. At least it doesn't look like ALS at this point. Still pretty scared but I'm taking the "no news is good news" approach until I do hear something. I've got an appointment this Monday and should get some results then.

I'll be thinking of you and your situation. Take care and good luck again!

John