Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tools purchased

Tools purchased

Can be used in woodworking. Actually will be used in hauling firewood. From my firewood pile I find all kinds of nice spalted pen blanks. Someday when I learn to turn bowls, I'll be pulling those types of blanks out of the pile also. So, I guess this set of tools are woodworking related. Now this is not a picture of them, themselves, it is a representative photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockand...7612/lightbox/

Norwegian Fjords.

Hope to pick them up Saturday morning in Bourbonnais, IL.

This is a photo of them this spring.

http://www.waverlysales.com/Horse-Sale-Highlites.html

Lot 338 and lot 339 you have to scroll about 1/2 way down the page. The pair of 4 year olds.
    Last edited by Jonathan Shively; 10-11-2011 at 01:20 AM.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Nice looking mares Jonathan.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Congrats, and best of luck working wood with them.

Beautiful looking animals Jonatha. Ok how big a pens are you planning to turn?
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

My knowledge of horses is wide spread. I know they eat at one end and spread it wide from the other.

Before he died, Myrna's brother had some horses. I would go with him on buying trips. We might go out in a field of 30-40 horses. The owner and Ralph would be there doing horse talk.

HOWEVER, all of the horses would crowd around me, who has ridden a horse once. They would crowd each other trying to get close to me, who is skitterish about horses and wished they would go crowd Ralph. Some horses would, in a very gentlemanly way, get my sweater or shirt between their teeth and gently pull me towards them. The horses would be packed in so tightly that there was no place to go. Horses would be stretching up over other horses trying to get closer. Every horse in the field would be there.

This happened several times in Colorado and California. It was definitely not a one time event.

Enjoy,

Nervous JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Beautiful team, Jon. I wanna see a video of them in action.

Jim, you're gonna have to stop wearing that carrot-scented cologne.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Good looking pair Jonathan I just may have to take a trip down there next summer to see them in action

better yet jonathan,, bring them with you i got a log down over the hill that needs to come up the hill are they big enough to pull a 5500 lb log up hill?
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

We'll check that situation out on the 22nd. They haven't been working hard at all, but if they work with Ginger, the three will be amazing.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C Bradley View Post
    My knowledge of horses is wide spread. I know they eat at one end and spread it wide from the other.

Before he died, Myrna's brother had some horses. I would go with him on buying trips. We might go out in a field of 30-40 horses. The owner and Ralph would be there doing horse talk.

HOWEVER, all of the horses would crowd around me, who has ridden a horse once. They would crowd each other trying to get close to me, who is skitterish about horses and wished they would go crowd Ralph. Some horses would, in a very gentlemanly way, get my sweater or shirt between their teeth and gently pull me towards them. The horses would be packed in so tightly that there was no place to go. Horses would be stretching up over other horses trying to get closer. Every horse in the field would be there.

This happened several times in Colorado and California. It was definitely not a one time event.

Enjoy,

Nervous JimB
    Jim, some guys buy a car because it has a "chick magnet" in it, they attract chickens and such. I guess you have "horse sense" does the same thing, but without the car.