Thread: Major Combination Machine Manufacturers

Major Combination Machine Manufacturers

G'Day Folks
    Greetings from Australia

I'm establishing a new woodworking shop and wish to purchase, preferably a 5 in 1 machine, i am relunctantly willing to spend between $A10,000 to $A16,000.00 to achieve this.
    However i'm "very green", that is new to this whole process, and not even aware what is available in the market place. Can anybody suggest a few manufactures that i could look at.
    I have already traveled to the Minimax showroom in Melbourne and indeed the Felder showroom to look at some Hammer machines.
    I studied the Laguna website, but only seen a picture of the corresponding Robland machine.
    Can anybody suggest other machines i might consider in this price range, my intention is make furniture but the space in my shop is restricted so a combo seems to offer the best compromise.
    I particularly interested in hearing from people with "Hands on experience" with such machines, who can offer a critical performance based opinion.

Cheers Woodsy11

I have had limited experience with both Felder and Hammer and would be happy to have a combination machine from either one.
    Cheers, Frank

I had a Shopsmith for years and it served me very well. Very well decked out it would probably go for $5,000-$6,000.

www.shopsmith.com

Not sure of the shipping costs or if the electrics are compatible.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Apples:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mark7_e.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	60849

Oranges:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	felder.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	60850

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Well first of all Peter, welcome to the family if I haven't done so already. Even if I did welcome you before, welcome again!

Glenn, thanks for the comparison, WOW is that a machine!
    Peter, I know nothing about combination machines. Is there a specific reason you are going in this direction? Lack of space, better machine? I am just curious. Look forward to seeing what others have for you in the way of information.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Oranges
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Murphy View Post
    G'Day Folks
    Greetings from Australia

I'm establishing a new woodworking shop and wish to purchase, preferably a 5 in 1 machine, i am relunctantly willing to spend between $A10,000 to $A16,000.00 to achieve this.
    However i'm "very green", that is new to this whole process, and not even aware what is available in the market place. Can anybody suggest a few manufactures that i could look at.
    I have already traveled to the Minimax showroom in Melbourne and indeed the Felder showroom to look at some Hammer machines.
    I studied the Laguna website, but only seen a picture of the corresponding Robland machine.
    Can anybody suggest other machines i might consider in this price range, my intention is make furniture but the space in my shop is restricted so a combo seems to offer the best compromise.
    I particularly interested in hearing from people with "Hands on experience" with such machines, who can offer a critical performance based opinion.

Cheers Woodsy11
    Here you go Jonathan.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart