Major Combination Machine Manufacturers

Peter Murphy

G'Day Folks
Greetings from Australia

I'm establishing a new woodworking shop and wish to purchase, preferably a 5 in 1 machine, i am relunctantly willing to spend between $A10,000 to $A16,000.00 to achieve this.
However i'm "very green", that is new to this whole process, and not even aware what is available in the market place. Can anybody suggest a few manufactures that i could look at.
I have already traveled to the Minimax showroom in Melbourne and indeed the Felder showroom to look at some Hammer machines.
I studied the Laguna website, but only seen a picture of the corresponding Robland machine.
Can anybody suggest other machines i might consider in this price range, my intention is make furniture but the space in my shop is restricted so a combo seems to offer the best compromise.
I particularly interested in hearing from people with "Hands on experience" with such machines, who can offer a critical performance based opinion.

Cheers Woodsy11

Well first of all Peter, welcome to the family if I haven't done so already. Even if I did welcome you before, welcome again!:wave::rofl:

Glenn, thanks for the comparison, WOW is that a machine!:thumb:
Peter, I know nothing about combination machines. Is there a specific reason you are going in this direction? Lack of space, better machine? I am just curious. Look forward to seeing what others have for you in the way of information.

G'Day Folks
Greetings from Australia

I'm establishing a new woodworking shop and wish to purchase, preferably a 5 in 1 machine, i am relunctantly willing to spend between $A10,000 to $A16,000.00 to achieve this.
However i'm "very green", that is new to this whole process, and not even aware what is available in the market place. Can anybody suggest a few manufactures that i could look at.
I have already traveled to the Minimax showroom in Melbourne and indeed the Felder showroom to look at some Hammer machines.
I studied the Laguna website, but only seen a picture of the corresponding Robland machine.
Can anybody suggest other machines i might consider in this price range, my intention is make furniture but the space in my shop is restricted so a combo seems to offer the best compromise.
I particularly interested in hearing from people with "Hands on experience" with such machines, who can offer a critical performance based opinion.

Cheers Woodsy11

Here you go Jonathan.:doh::dunno::D