Two more Bells

Here are two more bells. One is Walnut with 4 ply plywood. The other is cherry with redheart. Both are finished with 7 coats of GF Woodturners Finish. Took about 25 minutes for 7 coats using a hair dryer.

Attachments

• Bells 2.jpg
    Bells 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 59
Thanks. I have a few more of the walnut ones to turn. I do like the looks of the plywood with the dark wood. I happen to have a ton of cutoffs from my old flat work days so could make 2 or 3 hundred of these and still have wood left. Also have a bunch of cherry cutoffs to use up.

I like all three bells. And thanks for the tut on making them. It's one of those projects on the list.
Dennis

I totally understand about having lots of small scrap to use up Bernie. Since I got the lathe I don't look at the small off cuts from jobs as fire wood anymore and now have a shop full of off cuts with the need for projects like this to use them up on. ( one of the reasons that wanted the tut on these) Thanks again. Now i just have to get that Skew practice in on a couple of 2x4's. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks everyone. Drew I used to take cutoffs and throw them in the neighbors wood pile. It was funny because one day he came over and said he was curious if I had given up woodworking altogether because he hadn't seen any cutoffs anymore. :rofl:

Barry I got the idea from Curt Fuller. He made one by chance using plywood and I thought it just really made the bell. Don't know why but it absolutely caught my eye.